·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Fast and Furious
585 Posts
overall good, you wanted advice

1- better flow of discussion don't bounce back and forth between areas of interest
2- in one of your windows have the gauges so we know where your at in the cars range
3- when parts are mentioned maybe cut away to a focus segment/images on the part then go back to the ride along and comments/review on the just featured parts.
4- for the non speaking moments throw in some music
5- add text on screen for stats hp/wtq/area(engine, suspension, aero,) mod list
6- be excited (or fake it with an alter ego type character. if they want to be you they will watch. not if they are like you, they will just feel like they could do it too) . really describe the feeling of driving the car and use analogies(you did well in this but can always do better.. think Jeremy Clarkson).
7- people like to see modified cars but maybe there were better cars that would've volunteered and fit your description better. track / street
8- know your stuff. larger throttle body will make the pedal have the on or off effect. motor in a 2006 type s is a k20z1(I don't expext you to know everything since you review many cars so maybe don't mention it if you are unsure). you talked about spring rates(very good) but the dampening stopped the car from bouncing so discuss settings in race/tune able parts
9- create a montage intro and out for consistency and branding
10- drive it like you stole it--- also choose track/flat area for track cars but your location was very good/beautiful
11-all of this opens up to why to add what to get what. IE: talking about how a large TB will get you a few peak ponies but a mild tb increase would get you smoother throttle response which is especially helpful when you don't have a lsd to keep you in line coming out of corners which better drivability can make for faster corners and better lap times through driver confidence not having to fight/manage the torque steer. Softer/taller springs can also make the car/fwd more manageable and making the front more predictable and not needing the crazy high rates. philosophy is what makes all good builds special so make sure to examine the philosophy behind the build.

good job I watched and listened to the whole track vid. and will watch the other later. I used to have 10k subs in gaming, traveled all over the us, have managed 40 employee, 4 million a year business.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
1- better flow of discussion don't bounce back and forth between areas of interest
2- in one of your windows have the gauges so we know where your at in the cars range
3- when parts are mentioned maybe cut away to a focus segment/images on the part then go back to the ride along and comments/review on the just featured parts.
4- for the non speaking moments throw in some music
5- add text on screen for stats hp/wtq/area(engine, suspension, aero,) mod list
6- be excited (or fake it with an alter ego type character. if they want to be you they will watch. not if they are like you, they will just feel like they could do it too) . really describe the feeling of driving the car and use analogies(you did well in this but can always do better.. think Jeremy Clarkson).
7- people like to see modified cars but maybe there were better cars that would've volunteered and fit your description better. track / street
8- know your stuff. larger throttle body will make the pedal have the on or off effect. motor in a 2006 type s is a k20z1(I don't expext you to know everything since you review many cars so maybe don't mention it if you are unsure). you talked about spring rates(very good) but the dampening stopped the car from bouncing so discuss settings in race/tune able parts
9- create a montage intro and out for consistency and branding
10- drive it like you stole it--- also choose track/flat area for track cars but your location was very good/beautiful
11-all of this opens up to why to add what to get what. IE: talking about how a large TB will get you a few peak ponies but a mild tb increase would get you smoother throttle response which is especially helpful when you don't have a lsd to keep you in line coming out of corners which better drivability can make for faster corners and better lap times through driver confidence not having to fight/manage the torque steer. Softer/taller springs can also make the car/fwd more manageable and making the front more predictable and not needing the crazy high rates. philosophy is what makes all good builds special so make sure to examine the philosophy behind the build.

good job I watched and listened to the whole track vid. and will watch the other later. I used to have 10k subs in gaming, traveled all over the us, have managed 40 employee, 4 million a year business.
Thanks for the detailed feedback, this is very helpful. I'll take all of your suggestions into consideration.

Few comments/questions for you (corresponding to your #'s)

2) I've considered this, but since I'm driving "spiritedly" on public roads I need to consider the legal implications. Don't know much about this area.
7) What do you mean by this? What qualities would have made the track and street cars better suited to the description?
8) I did the research on this ahead of time (I always do) but the engine codes, chassis codes, etc can get a little confusing. Always trying to do better here and make less mistakes.
10) Similar to #2, since right now I'm limited to driving in the canyons vs on a race track. I never drive the car past 7 or 8 tenths since it's not my car and want to avoid incidents.

I agree with everything else and will try to incorporate some elements into my future videos. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.