Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

RSX-S cranks but won't start...

1K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  808ster 
#1 ·
I had the clutch master / slave cylinder replaced about a month ago.
Upon having it replaced, I picked the car up and drove to the store.
After getting back in the car I put my foot on the clutch and realized it's doing the same thing again.
I call a tow truck and have it brought back to my mechanic. - This was a Sunday and the mechanic wasn't open until Monday.

On Monday I get a call telling me they replaced the CMC but now the car won't start.
Over the course of the next two weeks they tried everything, spark, fuel, compression tests, leakdown tests, etc. etc. They can't figure it out and tell me to take it to a dealership or someone who 'specializes in Acuras'.

I have a mechanic I prefer who's further away but was using this one because he's close. Sooo I have the car towed to my other mechanic 10 miles away.

The new mechanic tries everything the other mechanic did and then some, spark, fuel, compression, leakdown, CPS sensor Etc. Etc. Everything looks fine, he can't figure it out. I call him today and ask what the deal is and he says he's going to have to charge me 5 hours of labor already and he doesn't even know what's wrong. His next plan is to order a used ECU from a junkyard and reprogram it, but even then he doesn't know if that's actually the problem.

At this point i'm at a loss for what the fuck to do. At this point I guess I'm looking at throwing $1000+ I don't have at something I don't even know will fix the issue.

Any ideas?
X

See less See more
#3 ·
I should also mention I had a car key locksmith guy come out and say it's not the immobilizer - probably the dumbest 30$ I've ever spent.

If it is the ECU I would consider saving up and ordering K-PRO, I just don't want to spend an additional 700$ (that I don't have) only to find out that it's not.

Really don't want to get rid of this car even if that's seeming more practical every day that goes by, I've already sunk a boatload into the car.

#5 ·
Its the ignition interlock switch. Google that and the little plastic piece will show. Many cars have this as there is also one on the brake to shut the cruise off. Telling him to check at the top of the clutch pedal on the inside of the car should be enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.