Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm asking this for my friend. i've already told him what i thought and that he should test drive both, but he wanted me to ask for CRSX's opinions.

so what do u guys/girls think? rsx-s or prelude sh?

pros and cons and stuff like that

thanx

·
Registered
144 Posts
i say it depends on what you want out of the car. the SH has awesome handling from what ive heard (probably becuase of the ATTS system). but if you wanted a prelude for a fast drag car, then thats the wrong choice. they are just too heavy and aftermarket support isnt very high either. if you want a prelude to make fast in a straight line, get the 4th generatoin VTEC models, supposedly, they handle the best and are the fastest out of all the models. overall, id say you get the RSX-S, it handles pretty well, looks nice, and responds very well to mods. good luck

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx for the replies guys. c'mon, there's 25000 members and only 2 reply in a span of 9 hours? anyone else have any more input?

·
Stunnahood Co-Founder
2,531 Posts
RSX-S is a little better choice in my opinion. The sh model prelude is slower in a straight line, has little aftermarket support and does not respond to mods as well. Although it handles very nicely so does an rsx with some decent rubber. Either way its a win win situation so tell him to drive each and see which he prefers.
-Tony

·
Korican
874 Posts

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
i thought the preliude has the H series motor (h22)
my friend has an 02 SH, IMO the rsx is the better buy, its more modern, lighter, ...but if i was buying now i would go for something else (rx8, evo, wrx)

·
Registered
391 Posts
My friend just got a 00 sh. Its really nice and all, handles great and rides smoothly, but like some of you said its too heavy for my taste... feels like a boat IMO. And I can smoke him even though he's got 40 more hp (but thats considering he still sucks at stick :p :laughing: ). Nice car though...but performace wise i'd go with the s

·
Stunnahood Co-Founder
2,531 Posts
Ha yeah you definitely did not "smoke" the car you smoked the driver! Ludes are sweet cars I was looking at them when I got my S and I just could not rationalize why they were so expensive. An 01 base with low mileage was like 18-19 g's which I feel is ridiculous. I cannot believe anyone would purchase this over a brand new 03 rsx-s which I got with oem kit and a far better interior for 23,900 otd. To each their own I guess.
-Tony

·
Registered
96 Posts
LAst April, I test drove both the RSX-S and Prelude base. I went with the Prelude because 1.it's a rarer car and people really notice one 2. I felt like the H22 had just a bit more low end power
3. It's just a classy car
Don't get me wrong...I would get an RSX-S but if given the choice between the 2.
I do wish I had mo' money though because the local Mazda dealer has an 01 Electron Blue Prelude 01, 45k miles for $16k.

*sigh*

·
PReLuDe UseR
533 Posts
$16,000 for a lude with 40+k on it? I'd rather spend $18,000 on a Type-S with 18k-20k on it.

·
What are you made of...
22,074 Posts
RSX-S ofcourse!!! :laughing:

·
Registered
529 Posts
I used to own a 00 Type SH Prelude. God I miss that car so much. The H22A is a wicked motor and whoever said it doesn't respond well to mods is smoking. Mine had Skunk2 cams, valve springs and cam gears. With a 75 shot I ran consistant 13.4 second 1/4 miles with street tires. And my Prelude weighed in over 3000 pounds at the scale at Sac Raceway!! I forgot the exact numbers, it was like 3074 or 3076 or something like that. It was one fat bitch. :D Handling was awesome, probably one of the best handling cars I've ever owned. VTEC in that motor was night and day, and with n2o the first two gears passed by with just a blink or two. But yeah, the SH's are fat and heavy plus they are still very expensive.

I'd go with the Type S because it's a more recent car, the K-series is the future to Honda tuning. Jun, Mugen and Toda all support the H22A motor so I dunno where you guys are getting the info there is no aftermarket support. Just cause Ractive and Ebay don't have stuff for the H22A don't mean you need to dog it. j/k :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Vampgrrl said:
LAst April, I test drove both the RSX-S and Prelude base. I went with the Prelude because 1.it's a rarer car and people really notice one 2. I felt like the H22 had just a bit more low end power
3. It's just a classy car
Don't get me wrong...I would get an RSX-S but if given the choice between the 2.
I do wish I had mo' money though because the local Mazda dealer has an 01 Electron Blue Prelude 01, 45k miles for $16k.

*sigh*
it may be rare down in GA but up here in minneapolis, mn this place is hopping with preludes and RSXs are the rarer cars. i dont take much notice to them anymore either fact they're starting to annoy me.

·
03 PWP Type-S
1,118 Posts
RSX Type S without a doubt. There are so many aftermarket mods for this car, meanwhile its hard finding mods for the Prelude.

·
Registered
8 Posts
RSX type S
The prelude is nice,But I would rather have something sportier and lighter + 8g redline is my best fried.If I didn't have my Si I would most likely have an ABP Type S

1 - 20 of 74 Posts