Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
RSX-S

take a good look at the srt-4...yah.. it's got all that power.. but ugh.. they shoulda
lost the NEON look!

·
Registered
41 Posts
tumharabaap said:
Which one should I get?
...there is no question. i wake up every morning wanting to drive my RSX...and it always asks to be pushed harder. i have NEVER met anyone who owned a Dodge and didn't have it crap out after a couple o' years

·
kicker
1,852 Posts
:iamwiths: :iamwiths: :iamwiths:
bodiZafa said:
...there is no question. i wake up every morning wanting to drive my RSX...and it always asks to be pushed harder. i have NEVER met anyone who owned a Dodge and didn't have it crap out after a couple o' years

·
Registered
1,225 Posts

·
Master Member Modulator
5,229 Posts
Have you driven either of them? Have you gotten insurance quotes on either of them? What was your previous car(s)? Lastly, what are you looking for in a car?

Craig

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
tumharabaap said:
Which one should I get?
lol
What kind of question is that man?
Do some reasearch, what do you want in a car? How much money do you have to spend?

The RSX is an overall better car than the SRT-4.
The SRT-4 is a better performing car than the RSX-S is however.

This is my opinion of course.

·
Registered
3 Posts
sup fellas...that is my brother. Ive been telling him to get the SRT4 only because we all know the incredible power that motor can put out. I mean...its acheived 500whp, but the question is "for how long". Yea ive been gearing towards the RSX-S only because its Acura engineering...very good engineering. Plus its got the luxury he wants. I own a specv and regret doing it...should have got the RSX-S. Plus aftermarket for the RSX-S is muuch better than for Nissans. Well Thanks for clearing up some stuff fellas...

Krunal

*EDIT* he's got plenty money to spend. he just wnats the best bang for the buck.

·
What are you made of...
22,074 Posts
There is no comparison get the -S- :thumbsup: no matter how you look at the SRT-4 it is still a neon!!! :eek: RSX looks way better and the S is still fast considering there is no Turbo... and if you want to make the S faster there is super charger and a turbo kit which can give you as much as 400HP!!!!

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
The rsx-s is a car with better gas mileage, creature comforts, and classy looking leather interior. The car will ride smoother and probably is a better overall daily driver. The srt-4 is a stripped down performer with massive potential, and will get you from point a to point b if you want it to. It is the luxury vs. performance debate in the end, and it is the decision of the future owner to decide which is best.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks a lot fellas. We made our decision. We're gonna pick up a 04 RSX-S this April. Btw..anyone know anything about a 05 RSX-S? Cuz that would defiantley want us to wait if it is worth it. Btw..whats the max whp anyone has hit on bolt ons? Also what's the max anyone has hit with FI before changing internals.? Thanks fellas...we're noobs but weren't we all at one point? Thanks

Krunal

·
Registered
3 Posts
wow 400whp? That's awesome. Yea I do now realize that RSX-S is a all around car. It has a very nice powerband along with a great luxurious ride. My SpecV rattles like a mofo and the gearing is sooooo short (I hate it)> I know the SRT4's gearing is great but where's the ridde comfort? Where's the luxury? I think the RSX will be a good choice.

·
I Must Break You!
3,634 Posts
If those crash test ratings apply to the srt-4 then thats bad news for those owners. They'll be going 50mph and crash and be dead (not fun)

·
What are you made of...
22,074 Posts
Wise choice :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Its an Acura....its got style and class man...plus it has great reliability and its all around a great car...no regrets here!

·
Out on bail
3,816 Posts
platinumspecv said:
wow 400whp? That's awesome. Yea I do now realize that RSX-S is a all around car. It has a very nice powerband along with a great luxurious ride. My SpecV rattles like a mofo and the gearing is sooooo short (I hate it)> I know the SRT4's gearing is great but where's the ridde comfort? Where's the luxury? I think the RSX will be a good choice.

its 478whp i think. www.cybernationmotorsports.com

·
28,750 Posts
skh16 said:
If those crash test ratings apply to the srt-4 then thats bad news for those owners. They'll be going 50mph and crash and be dead (not fun)
Of course it applies to the SRT-4. Same car. And if you've seen the cash pics of them....:shakehead

1 - 20 of 180 Posts