Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im gonna buy a car in the near future and was wondering which to get. i really like the is300 but i would relaly like a 6speed. hMmmmmmmmmmmmmm. also, i was thinking of waiting a little longer and get a used rx8 but i never had any experience with mazda and their parts/service.

·
Registered
159 Posts
If speed is ur only concern, then get a Type S
But then again...u could always get a SRT-4... :|

I don't kno, some people would want the IS300 because it has more of a classy edge to it.

It's all up to personal preference ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
IS 300 for sale

hey my Friend is selling his 2003 IS 300. he keeps it CLEAN.. i have never seen a spec of dust on his car its intensa Blue pearl, has a remote start, H&R drop already tinted, floor mats and 16 K on it... if your interestes email him at [email protected] and he can sedn u pictures and answer whatever questions u need...

·
Registered
17 Posts
My friend just got an IS300.......Its alright. He just bought it cause he wanted that "L" on his hood. He thinks he is a pimp now cause he has a Lexus. LOL. It's not like the car is a god damn LS430. Its a nice car tho, very refined, and reliable, hell Its a Toyota.

If you get the IS make sure you get a stick or don't even bother!

That is my boys only regret.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Both have excellent reliability & crash test scores. Interior fit & finish is equal, neither being excellent.

The IS300 has more luxury & features Acura doesn't offer on the RSX Type-S (ie 17” wheels, HID, power seats, etc). Also, it has more active safety features (ie traction & stability control). As well, the IS300 has significantly better stopping distances.

I know many here will disagree w/ me but IMO, the IS300 handles better than the RSX Type-S in both routine driving & when both are pushed to their limits. The RSX Type-S is much lighter but the IS300’s RWD, better weight distribution, & performance-oriented tires more than compensate IMO.

The turning radius on the RSX Type-S is disappointing for such a small, light car. The RSX Type-S has very good handling when pushed to its limits but the tires ultimately limit its abilities.

The RSX Type-S is faster, but the IS300 manual is not much slower.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
6 speeds aren't really necessary, I'd take the IS300 though

But have fun trying to find a used 5 speed IS300 =)

·
Registered
603 Posts
I'd take the IS300 for sure.

They look so amazing lowered, with rims and a debadged front.
:eek:

·
What are you made of...
22,074 Posts
The IS is nice for a family car, but for me RSX is better since I am still single and young...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lil888chink said:
Well for the price of a used is300 I rather get a used 325. imo. I found a RX-8 brand new in the papers for 23k. So its a lil more than a type S.
yeahh i saw that one about the rx8, but i called and it was the 4speed auto and i really want a manual. the manual rx8's started at around 29k-30k.

·
BMW'ing it up!
2,141 Posts
IS300 VS Type S

Listen i like the IS300, but i ran a IS 300 on the highways at 100mph+ and i pulled far far away. some punks in moms is300... Listen they are VERY DIFFERENT CARS. Type S has a engine that roars and needs a very good driver to make the most out of it. IS300 you dont work as hard, but im not sure its as much fun. there is nothing like shifting at 8200rpms doing 120mph in 4th.

The type S is compact and quick. The IS300 is bigger, more roomier and in personally dont like the front hood.

OH AND NEW IS NEW, USED IS USED

1 - 20 of 35 Posts