Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 273 Posts

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
you must have the secret edition of the 07' rsx... where did ya get.:crazy:
The secret edition 07's suck. they dont even have a 12v outlet behind the center console :shakehead

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
we were talking about the RSX.
thats the WRX.
Ok :dontknow:

Read my quote you quoted. I'm saying how I used the TWO plugs in the RSX. Then rosie quoted that saying there was two plugs. In his next post he said 07 RSX, but I was thinking WRX since that would be the only thing that would make since with his other post and my post he quoted. Reading owned him on his post and then I simmed over the RSX assuming WRX because of what was already said

Whatever

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
Ok :dontknow:

Read my quote you quoted. I'm saying how I used the TWO plugs in the RSX. Then rosie quoted that saying there was two plugs. In his next post he said 07 RSX, but I was thinking WRX since that would be the only thing that would make since with his other post and my post he quoted. Reading owned him on his post and then I simmed over the RSX assuming WRX because of what was already said

Whatever
its all good. i think im confused now, too.

·
This is Star Wars
111 Posts
Did you get the standard all season tires? If so they are poop!. First upgrade should be some high performance rubbers hehe. It drastically changes the cornering and handling behavior. Just some words from the wise.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Did you get the standard all season tires? If so they are poop!. First upgrade should be some high performance rubbers hehe. It drastically changes the cornering and handling behavior. Just some words from the wise.
I need all season tires as I'll be in ND. Whats the word on how these are in the snow? I haven't thought about searching that yet.

And the first upgrade will be a boost gauge (if this is considered an upgrade)

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 · (Edited)
Performance review:

I got to work with 996 miles on the car Friday. I had about 40 mins to kill before a meeting so what did I do... put about 15 miles on the car. I headed off to this back road on base that I enjoy driving on because it has some nice long sweeping turns that are fun (speed limit moves between 35-50) I get back there and I end up behind some old fucker doing 5-10 under the speed limit :firemad: . I hit 999 and start to fall behind the guy so I can punch it when I hit the magic number. 1000 hits and I punch it WOT for the first time. I instantly get a :) on my face because I feel something I haven't felt since back in college. Torque (had a 1gen GSX back then). I head a couple miles down the road and turn around and have the road to myself with no one in front of me. I was great not having to worry so much about what gear I'm in so that I'm in vtec around the turn so I can have fun. Power at 3k :eek: what's that about :laughing: .

I've had my RSX-S at V2 and #4 for about a yr before I got rid of it so thats what I'm comparing the WRX to. There is almost no comparison powerwise between the two. When I want to "go" in the WRX I put the right foot down and it goes. And it goes fast. I don't have to look down and think "OK I'm at 4k and if I drop a gear that will put me in my powerband." Or " OK I'm at almost 5k, if I drop a gear I'll be reving a little high, but if I don't I'll have to wait abit to hit vtec." I did enjoyed the RSX-S in 2nd/3rd gear when already above 5.2k, but that felt nothing like the WRX. I can defiantly feel a little turbo lag but after that < 1sec I put myself back in my seat. I haven't really launched it yet, but once I hit 2nd and "go" it's fucking amazing to pull all the way from 3k till shift.

I can defiantly feel the understeer in the WRX compared to the RSX-S. This is my only major complaint about the WRX so far. Apparently adjustable front and rear sway bars will do wonders to correct this but I'll have to wait awhile before I find this out first hand.

To me it feels like the breaking isn't as good as the RSX either. It could just be that the pedal needs to go down further in the WRX and I'm not used to it yet.

It will be cheaper to get the handling of the WRX to equal the RSX-S than to get the power of the RSX-S to equal the WRX.

If you have around a 25k budget and want a car that has a refinedish interior, sexy-as-hell exterior, good amount of creature comforts, ok power, and good handling the RSX-S is a GREAT choice. If you want amazing power, need AWD, can live with decent interior and afew less creature comforts the I would say get the WRX. :thumbsup:

·
'S' on my chest
4,735 Posts
Performance review:

I got to work with 996 miles on the car Friday. I had about 40 mins to kill before a meeting so what did I do... but about 15 miles on the car. I headed off to this back road on base that I enjoy driving on because it has some nice long sweeping turns that are fun (speed limit moves between 35-50) I get back there and I end up behind some old fucker doing 5-10 under the speed limit :firemad: . I hit 999 and start to fall behind the guy so I can punch it when I hit the magic number. 1000 hits and I punch it WOT for the first time. I instantly get a :) on my face because I feel something I haven't felt since back in college. Torque (had a 1gen GSX back then). I head a couple miles down the road and turn around and have the road to myself with no one in front of me. I was great not having to worry so much about what gear I'm in so that I'm in vtec around the turn so I can have fun. Power at 3k :eek: what's that about :laughing: .

I've had my RSX-S at V2 and #4 for about a yr before I got rid of it so thats what I'm comparing the WRX to. There is almost no comparison powerwise between the two. When I want to "go" in the WRX I put the right foot down and it goes. And it goes fast. I don't have to look down and think "OK I'm at 4k and if I drop a gear that will put me in my powerband." Or " OK I'm at almost 5k, if I drop a gear I'll be reving a little high, but if I don't I'll have to wait abit to hit vtec." I did enjoyed the RSX-S in 2nd/3rd gear when already above 5.2k, but that felt nothing like the WRX. I can defiantly feel a little turbo lag but after that < 1sec I put myself back in my seat. I haven't really launched it yet, but once I hit 2nd and "go" it's fucking amazing to pull all the way from 3k till shift.

I can defiantly feel the understeer in the WRX compared to the RSX-S. This is my only major complaint about the WRX so far. Apparently ajustable front and rear sway bars will do wonders to correct this but I'll have to wait awhile before I find this out first hand.

It will be cheaper to get the handling of the WRX to equal the RSX-S than to get the power of the RSX-S to equal the WRX.

If you have around a 25k budget and want a car that has a refinedish interior, sexy-as-hell exterior, good amount of creature comforts, ok power, and good handling the RSX-S is a GREAT choice. If you want amazing power, need AWD, can live with decent interior and afew less creature comforts the I would say get the WRX. :thumbsup:

If the above has typos or doesn't make since at certain points it because I have a buzz and don't want to take the time to reread it because the second final four came is starting. I'll refine the above later :thumbsup:
Good review. Now time to mod that bitch!

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Good review. Now time to mod that bitch!
It will be awhile before I start dropping money on mods (other than gauge) but I have my list already in order to be purchased :D
1. Boost Gauge
2. Brake pads - stocks are apparently a weak point (these could come pretty soon too)
3. Front and Rear sway bars
4. AccessPort Stage 2
5. SPT intake (maybe)

That should be about it

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just some things I picked up from driving a WRX for three years....

Get an adjustable rear sway bar, one that has options for a 22mm and 24mm setting so you can tailor it to your needs - I suggest from Whiteline(great company, really know their Subaru). Makes a huge improvement in being able to get the rear end around.

Leave the intake alone, it does not do crap for a wrx

Exhaust - catback will still gain you some power, but a turbo-back exhaust (catback & downpipe) will get you a bunch more power. If you do that, you need engine management, the COBB Acessport you spoke of, or you will get boost spikes and possibly kill your motor. Honestly, I talked with the guys from COBB last year at Wicked Big Meet in MA and they said that the 2.5L turbo setup in the regular WRX is really limited by the small TD04 turbo, and that any tuning they do(stage 1 and 2) does sacrifice some reliability/longevity to get more power.

STi tranny mount and Kartboy shifter bushings will make the tranny feel soo much better and are easy to install and don't cost all that much. You might also want to try out some Kartboy rear differential side support bushings, as they help tighten up shifting and drivetrain lash by keeping the rear from bouncing around. Again, very easy install.

Front H-brace makes a nice difference in handling, tightening up things and increasing steering response. Strut tower bar in the front does not really do anything on the WRX.

The brakes are not that bad, and would not be an area of first improvement, IMO.

Tires, tires, tires - summer performance tires makes the car feel so much better. The stock rubber sucks.

Good luck with everything!

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 · (Edited)
Just some things I picked up from driving a WRX for three years....

Get an adjustable rear sway bar, one that has options for a 22mm and 24mm setting so you can tailor it to your needs - I suggest from Whiteline(great company, really know their Subaru). Makes a huge improvement in being able to get the rear end around.

Leave the intake alone, it does not do crap for a wrx

Exhaust - catback will still gain you some power, but a turbo-back exhaust (catback & downpipe) will get you a bunch more power. If you do that, you need engine management, the COBB Acessport you spoke of, or you will get boost spikes and possibly kill your motor. Honestly, I talked with the guys from COBB last year at Wicked Big Meet in MA and they said that the 2.5L turbo setup in the regular WRX is really limited by the small TD04 turbo, and that any tuning they do(stage 1 and 2) does sacrifice some reliability/longevity to get more power.

STi tranny mount and Kartboy shifter bushings will make the tranny feel soo much better and are easy to install and don't cost all that much. You might also want to try out some Kartboy rear differential side support bushings, as they help tighten up shifting and drivetrain lash by keeping the rear from bouncing around. Again, very easy install.

Front H-brace makes a nice difference in handling, tightening up things and increasing steering response. Strut tower bar in the front does not really do anything on the WRX.

The brakes are not that bad, and would not be an area of first improvement, IMO.

Tires, tires, tires - summer performance tires makes the car feel so much better. The stock rubber sucks.

Good luck with everything!
Thats interesting to know about the AP hurting longevity. I'll have to do some reading on that.

Only reason I might get to the brakes so early is because it is a cheap/easy thing to do.

Do you have a front H-brace and rear sway bar set up? Is this preferred to front and rear sways? From my reading at nasioc it seems alot of people are running the sways.

Do alot of people seem to have issues getting into first and first to second? For me its not bad, but I can tell a difference.

Thanks

·
'S' on my chest
4,735 Posts
Thats interesting to know about the AP hurting longevity. I'll have to do some reading on that.

Only reason I might get to the brakes so early is because it is a cheap/easy thing to do.

Do you have a front H-brace and rear sway bar set up? Is this preferred to front and rear sways? From my reading at nasioc it seems alot of people are running the sways.

Do alot of people seem to have issues getting into first and first to second? For me its not bad, but I can tell a difference.

Thanks
It's not the AP persay. Any power modifications will sacrifice the reliability of the motor, but that goes without saying. Once you do decide catch the power mod bug you will be impressed. The 2.5L in conjunction with AVCS creates major power with little effort.

81 - 100 of 273 Posts