Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Killing Time Cult
1,456 Posts

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
You're going to get a lot of numbers and stats but coming from someone who's owned, DDed, and raced both, they're almost identical cars.

autocross/racing- edge goes to the integra

engine- edge goes to the rsx-s

even though the S isn't much faster than an integra, I like the K series a lot better than the B, even though both are solid quality engines. (just preference, numbers are almost the same)

overall- edge goes to the integra since it's ~$12,000 less, depending on the condition of the S.

/mini review

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yeah take it from someone who owned both. I had 3 integras and a type s. If you're looking at the type r, Id take that over the type s any time. Definitely faster, better handling, and still costing about the range of the type s. Type r> type s. Although type s does have a really nice interior feel to it.

·
Killing Time Cult
1,456 Posts
Yeah take it from someone who owned both. I had 3 integras and a type s. If you're looking at the type r, Id take that over the type s any time. Definitely faster, better handling, and still costing about the range of the type s. Type r> type s. Although type s does have a really nice interior feel to it.
What type-r are you talking about? dc2 type r or dc5 type r?

·
Killing Time Cult
1,456 Posts
A dc5-R would clearly not be "in the same price range" as a type S

he was talking about the dc2r
Goddam! You have a lot of post!

·
Expert Troll
25,774 Posts
rsx just because integras are too old and ricey at this point. finding a clean gs-r or itr at this point is pretty hard.

everyone always rules out the celica gt-s like an idiot because of all the honda fanbois, but the 2zz is superior to the b series and gets better mpg then the k series. its lighter then any integra, better brakes, 6 speed, best seating position of anything that isnt a sports car, you can probably find one cheaper then a gs-r too

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
in my opinion i have driven EVERY gen integra. including DA-gsr,dc2R, dc5R and dc5S 03 and 05.
in america,

02-05dc5-S>gsr
05dc5-S> or = american dc2R
dc5-R> or equal to dc2R,Japanese

as for putting the K in a DC2, its really not worth it, being that the integra only weighs less then 100lbs less then the DC5. parts and labor is way too expensive to justify that transition. and rsx's come with bucket seats stock. the DC5 felt way more controlled and comfortable while cornering. i love almost all gen civics, and teggys but honda did an incredible job for a 200+ NA FF at 20k. brand new.

·
y u mad tho?
6,181 Posts
Having both cars now I can tell you a few things.

1. the interior space of an RSX owns an Integra
2. The overall quality of the car just for driving, and how quiet everything is including shifting, of the rsx is better than the integra

As far as handling goes, I really cant comment. My integras suspension blows the skunk 2 springs on my rsx out of the water :rotfl:

But I love how raw the integra feels in comparison to the RSX. If I were to choose 1 of them to race it would the the integra. It feels like a smaller car in general. the rsx just feels a tad big, and even if they have a minimal difference in weight, the integra just feels like its lighter and more nimble.

My gsr makes more than twice the power of the rsx though, and its more fun to drive imo, I love the looks and handling. But this isnt really too much of an apples to apples comparison because my integra isnt stock like my rsx.

But theres my .02 for what its worth.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts