Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Banned
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So which is cheaper to insure, or are they about the same, or is the Evo higher? Ive been reading that as far as the Evo goes it is being insured a basically the regular Lancer, is this true :confused:

·
What are you made of...
22,074 Posts
The Evo should be more expensive since its not your average sedan its a Turbo and AWD and not to mention its a Rally car!!! What can make RSX-S expensive is its Acura (luxury) 2 door sprorts car and its a Type S with 200hp. The word "Turbo" is very hot for insurers (sp).

·
1,200hp stable... Bitches
7,473 Posts
The EVO is listed as a performance sedan.

·
7,473 Posts
I wanna trade my Type S in for an EVO too, but my Insurance will go up a little and so will my car payments so some more saving is in order.

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
Its true! The RSX is very expensive to insure.

A guy posted here who traded in his C5 Vette for a RSXS because he moved to colder climate...and he was blown away that the type S was more expensive to insure than his C5.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
i considered the EVO trade in (before I saw how ugly the inside is) and my insurance would have been $34.50 a month more vs. the Type-S.

·
Registered
427 Posts
i paid 700 every six months on the rsx...and 400 every six months with the wrx

its a four door family sedan lol

tim

·
7,473 Posts
blkrsx-s_az said:
i paid 700 every six months on the rsx...and 400 every six months with the wrx

its a four door family sedan lol

tim
I also read in your sig this:
--yeah yeah i know the rsx is nicer...but i sacrificed that for speed

I couldn't believe when I read your post that it was that much cheaper to insure and I'm just curious as to what is nicer about the RSX then WRX. I'm more curious about the interior, shifter and stuff like that. Since I know what it can do performace wise. I wanted an EVO but I don't know if I can afford one and the mod it like I want to. Is the interior equal to the EVOs minus the Recaros. I just really want AWD.

·
walks softly
127 Posts
I was pretty pissed to hear that my new to me 2002 RSX-S is going to cost $300 more per year to insure than my 2002 Honda S2000.
As much as you would like to think its based on vehicle performance or cost or how many doors... its based on estimated repair costs. You guys keep wrecking the RSX and the insurance companies have to get that money from somewhere. MY POCKET!
The average age and driving ability of the RSX is a lot younger(worse) than the average S2000 and possibly Evo owner and therefore the insurance is higher.
Thankfully I will be 30 soon and that is a big cut in rates.

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
from teh guys on here that have traded their rsx in for an evo, it seems most actually went down in insurance. and i think they do count it as a regular lancer. i know they do thta for the wrx, count as a regular impreza. or at least State Farm does this.

and yeah, HDPETOY said.

·
7,473 Posts
VarsityBlues02 said:
i heard something about the redesigned type-s will be AWD and turbo, anyone else?
:confused: Where did you hear this?

·
What are you made of...
22,074 Posts

·
[email protected] stock tires I/E
1,091 Posts
my insurance company told me it would be 35 more per six months so its like a 3 or 4 dollar increase per month

1 - 20 of 77 Posts