Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

261 - 275 of 275 Posts

·
Dafkup
2,080 Posts

This is my 06 type s .. it has 108k , ive had it for a year and just dropped it about 3 weeks ago on brand new progress coils .. got mugen lip installed few days ago .. the car is rebadged all around. The cars value will be going down more now that it has 108k .. I dont owe anything on the car it was paid cash. I love s2000s and have wanted one for a while .. im considering selling the rsx now and getting one asap. I like everything about the car .. i dnt care about only 2 seats or lack of space .. jumping from an EM1 Si into a stock rsx felt amazing in terms of comfort and luxury .. but in terms of driving it sucks .. heres a list of things i dislike

-The stock suspension is garbage ..
-You feel high up from the ground ..
-The turning radius is wider which annoys the hell out of me ..
-The car doesnt really have this certain steering feel to it ..
-The tranny is horrible compared to the amazing feel of a b16 tranny..
-You cant throw the car in reverse while slightly moving forward, itll grind ..
-The dash sits really high up which i also dislike .. specially coming from a civic.. (im 5'10) -Seats look nice but arent all that comfortable imo..
-Doesnt come with stock armrest ..
-Steering wheel doesnt go as low as id like ..
-Even with aftermarket suspension i still have body roll ..

the year ive had this car has made me itch to be in a real drivers car again .. something more raw .. something i can also take to the track once in a while and enjoy myself in .. i know i wont regret selling the car once im in an s2k .. convertible ..50/50 weight distribution..rwd.. double wishbone .. 240hp ..smooth shifting.. projectors.. breaks more necks ..will have somewhat low miles im thinking in the 40- 50k area.. better pedal position for rev matching .. better deeper sounding engine note .. pure vtec like the si rather than ivtec.. push to start .. better seats .. arm rest ..better community.. now the question is .. whats holding me back from getting the s2000 right now .. maybe because i havent found "the one yet" on my online search .. or maybe i feel like even with all those things i dont like about the rsx i should for some reason get wheels and keep it for a few months? .. im stuck right now .. I can always buy wheels for it just to be able to see the car looking clean with wheels and just keep them when selling the car anyways .. but i dont know ..Why am i hesitating to just say fuck it, s2k time. If i know i prob wont miss anything about this [email protected]! Maybe i feel like im leaving something uncompleted since the car is looking so clean now?? so many things im asking myself .. what if i miss having a black car ..
Hmm interesting...for some reason your story reminded me of my gf. Every month For a few days to a week she gets all crazy. She goes to the women's isle in the store and when she comes back she is cool. You might benefit from a visit to the store too

·
vtaaaakk VTAK VTAK VTAK
810 Posts
Hmm interesting...for some reason your story reminded me of my gf. Every month For a few days to a week she gets all crazy. She goes to the women's isle in the store and when she comes back she is cool. You might benefit from a visit to the store too
:rotfl:

·
9,306 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Question for owners of both cars.
If the 2000 is a 10/10 in performance/handling.
Then what is the RSX S?

Haven't been in a 2000 but I would say 7/10.
Thanks.
I really like the 2000.

·
Ehhhh......
9,102 Posts
Nice AP1. Wheel specs?

·
Registered
89 Posts
18 x 9.5 +40... AME and Auto RnD just sponsored me for SEMA so soon to be 17 x 9 +40 with meaty RS-R's and a BBK kit...

261 - 275 of 275 Posts