Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a couple of questions about the rsx seats can yall plz help me

1. do 05-06 rsx seats fit perfectly in 02-04 rsx's?

2. who here has shipped seats in the us around how much do ups or whoever shipped it charged u?

3. how much do the front seats weigh and wut about the rear seats?

would appreciate it if yall help me out

thanks

·
vtaaaakk VTAK VTAK VTAK
810 Posts
1. The rails fit without modification. You have to swap the OPDS unit and seat belt pretensioners to avoid the SRS light coming on.

2. I usually see around 200 for shipping, both here and on ebay. Don't take my word for it though.

3. I've read that they're around 70 lbs each for the fronts.

More info:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=436583

There's other threads out there too on the subject.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I'm in Texas and just had some seats shipped from New Jersey. The guy shipped them to me via a freight truck instead of using UPS or FedEX which costs wayyyyy toooo much. I got a hella deal on my 05' seats....I paid $500 for the whole deal including shipping.

The guy used Freightquote.com to ship them. Shipping for the 2 front seats and the rear was only like $140.

[$140.00 + $360.00= = $500.00]

The seats only had like 15,000 miles on them...MINT condition. I feel like I got lucky on that deal.

As for the OPDS sensor, I believe you have to re-use your 02-04 sensor which is inside the passenger seat and the 02-04 pretensioners---which are the things that the seat belts plug into.

-J

·
7,611 Posts
I bought a set from an '05 wreck with ~ 20K miles for $205 + $110 shipping. Sold my '02 leathers with ~ 60K miles for $275 cash money, so the new seats only cost me $40. Not including what it cost me to pick them up from the freight terminal.

They were shipped freight, nearest terminal was 1/2 hour drive each way. Would have cost an additional $115 to have them shipped from the terminal to my city!

I think they weigh closer to 45 lbs. each, or 70 total. I think that's what the manifest claimed, but I don't have it handy.

TS - they do fit right in, and the other posters here are correct about the pretensioners and the OPDS sensor swap being required in order to satisfy the '02 - '04 SRS.

Love my new seats. More comfortable, no more cheap ass leather (mine was starting to pull away from the headrest opening) and was hot as hell in Summer, cold as shit in Winter, and always slippery.

Plus they were from a newer car with lower mileage, so of course they were in newer condition.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought a set from an '05 wreck with ~ 20K miles for $205 + $110 shipping. Sold my '02 leathers with ~ 60K miles for $275 cash money, so the new seats only cost me $40. Not including what it cost me to pick them up from the freight terminal.

They were shipped freight, nearest terminal was 1/2 hour drive each way. Would have cost an additional $115 to have them shipped from the terminal to my city!

I think they weigh closer to 45 lbs. each, or 70 total. I think that's what the manifest claimed, but I don't have it handy.

TS - they do fit right in, and the other posters here are correct about the pretensioners and the OPDS sensor swap being required in order to satisfy the '02 - '04 SRS.

Love my new seats. More comfortable, no more cheap ass leather (mine was starting to pull away from the headrest opening) and was hot as hell in Summer, cold as shit in Winter, and always slippery.

Plus they were from a newer car with lower mileage, so of course they were in newer condition.
lol thanks man i was juss reading ur thread u made about this one more question though me and a guy are goin to do a trade for his 06 cloth seats for my 02 leather seats will that work right?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
The seats are totally interchangeable---regardless of being leather or cloth material. The seats are structured the same way along with the seat rails. No worries man.

-J

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Try this thread for a detailed instruction set and pictures of the OPDS sensor and a seat belt pretensioner.

See page 2...post 50 and post 58 for the pics---otherwise just read it all.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=378045

Good luck, I just got my seats installed the other day and the sensor reset with no problems---so far so good w/ the setup.

My car is still at the shop getting the final repairs though....damn I miss driving it.

-J

Reactions: Dc5Dude

·
7,611 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts