Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After about a month of sitting on these I finally decided to do it, I swapped my RSX seats for a seat of 2011 Honda civic si seats,what a difference in comfort! What I did was grind the legs off the si seats to the bare rail, used a dremel to cut off the legs on the original seats. I then took the legs off the original and bolted them in the car. I just sat the new seats in, and spot tacked them in one leg at a time. After I had it solid I pulled each seat and reinforced them with a healthy weld. Worked great! Now, the next project is dealing with the SRS light . Easy, went on eBay, got an ep3 civic SRS ecu. Same airbag setup, no side airbags! ( or you could just pull the bulb out if your less picky)

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Nice! Pics? Do the seats still go forward to get in the back? I have an EP3 SRS I need to install still.. direct swap with a little plug modification right? Did the Si rails match the RSX rails? Are the seats from the coupe or sedan? Sorry for all the questions.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the seats are from a 2011 coupe, they are the stock seats with the si, i love them. Basically i didnt do anything with the rails, i used a grinder and a dremel and cut the legs off both the originals and the si seats. once i had bare rails, i took the legs from the rsx seat and bolted them in the car. Then i set the civic seat on the legs, and positioned it where i wanted it, then started welding (always cover everything! seats fit and work like their factory. and yes, the ep3 ecu you have to dremel out a small bit of plastic on the top of the middle plug until its flat inside (dremel makes it 30 seconds, 20 bucks at walmart) . So yes im using the rsx legs, and the seat functions on the si rail.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The seats are so much more comfortable than the stock seats for sure! as far as the so logo, eventually I'll have them restitched to say RSX , in similar lettering, right now I'm more focused on getting type r style headlights and changing out the back seats as well. I think I might either get the matching rear seats and fab them in or just get lucky and find red stiched itr seats. I'll post more pictures today via photobucket.

·
Fat Free
559 Posts
can you post pics of the modifications you did to the rails / mounts? your description is pretty good, but a picture is worth a thousand words :D

·
Premium Member
23,895 Posts
yeah those are nice seats I have a couple buddies with SI's. But the SI logo would drive me nuts. killer work though. Should post photos of the welding you did for the rails.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yes indeed your right, i didn't find that out until the other day, when i was searching ebay and found the same ecu with a picture of an si with side airbags, i have since ordered the correct ecu

1 - 20 of 48 Posts