Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The ep3 si airbag module # 77960-s5t-a830-m1 works. It is the si designed without side airbags. The a811 does not, come to find out it was a rare one that had side airbags. Their easy to find on eBay, or post in the wanted ads.

·
Registered
290 Posts
could you do me a favor and send me a link to the one you bought cuz i still cant find any
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...cgry3=3DR+SI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=SRS+UNIT

If you get desperate enough to go the parts store (Majestic Honda) route. :dontknow:
I couldn't find any on eBay. I know they do get posted there though cause I found the one that RSlowXS bought. I bought mines from a member here on the forum. Probably be a good idea to search clubep3 too. Or junkyards if you have any nearby. Good luck.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Bought it for$50. Just keep checking, keywords like ep3 SRS, ep3 airbag, ep3 airbag ecm, ep3 module SRS, , Honda civic so airbag, SRS, etc. I find them on the regular for less than 100.

·
SSM DC5
815 Posts
Wow this is by far a great upgrade to the factory interior. I dislike the stock leather 2005 seats... Omg its like sitting on bricks

I will keep this in mind. Hopefully I come across these seats i will probably try to do this... Although I don't own a welder.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
just check on ebay. very satisfied with the seats, very very comfortable! i was thinking of selling the car because the seats were so stuff, i welded them, however i dont see why you couldnt drill a hole in each corner and run a low profile bolt through it, youll need a good drillbit. otherwise just pay a local shop to so it. no big deal

·
SSM DC5
815 Posts
just check on ebay. very satisfied with the seats, very very comfortable! i was thinking of selling the car because the seats were so stuff, i welded them, however i dont see why you couldnt drill a hole in each corner and run a low profile bolt through it, youll need a good drillbit. otherwise just pay a local shop to so it. no big deal
i found seats on ebay for $500 +/- shipped which blew my mind after knowing this can be done.

i have been inside these 2012+ Si models and the seats are to die for :weeeeeeeeee:

so 06+ Si or 2012+ seats? they both look the same!

2012+ seats look nicer with the newer head rest design

what model are your seats?
how much did you pay?

can you explain better what you did to install them???

Thank you so much!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Mine are from a 2011 si, the 2012 seats are a different style, however in theory the installation would be the same if their not power. Basically what you do is take a dremel and grind the rivots off both sets of seats, your stock ones and the civic ones, then clean up the rails a bit. take your stock OEM legs off your old seat and bolt them in the car. After that, you set the new seat where you want it, and then tack one corner into place and eye it straight. With one corner welded, you can move it back and forth and have it set where you want. Once you have it flush with the legs, tack the rest. once the legs are welded, pull the seat out and reinforce each leg with a healthy weld. be sure to cover everything with damp towels! Also, I think its possible to drill and run a bolt through and not weld

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Just remember when your done, you'll need to hunt down an ep3 airbag module (model without side airbags) to delete the SRS light. Car has the same airbag setup, only no side airbags ;)

·
SSM DC5
815 Posts
Just remember when your done, you'll need to hunt down an ep3 airbag module (model without side airbags) to delete the SRS light. Car has the same airbag setup, only no side airbags ;)
Awesome man! this will help a lot of clubrsx members! You're the first trying this out lol

Thanks so much! I am trying to source them on Craig's list, they seem to be super cheap there around $2-300 picked up.

Also I noticed you got a short ram intake for sale. You have it still? If so send me a message with your number so I can get my hands on that:fistbump:

·
SSM DC5
815 Posts
I got mine off eBay! Prices vary. I lucked out and paid 25 bucks for mine. Might try posting a wtb on the clubep3 site
I looked in there but what key words did you use?

·
SSM DC5
815 Posts
What's up guys! I completed this swap myself. No welding! Just line up the seats and drill new holes. Bolt it all up with grade 8 bolts, washers, lock nut washers, and nuts.

Everything looks OEM and legit. Secure and solid.

I love the seats! They are so comfy! Best mod ever.

I got a like new set of 07 Si seats for $275 picked up

Best bang for your buck. I am sourcing out a rear type R seat so it matches the Stitching and material from the fronts.

Now I am looking for a SRS AIRBAG MODULE, I think a DC5 Type R Module would work because that car doesn't have side air bags due to the recaro seats.

I found one so I might try it... If I don't find a EP3 Module.

·
SSM DC5
815 Posts
I will tell you a dc5 module won't work because the airbag electrical is different, I wanna say voltages are different, ask around to confirm. You'll need an ep3 ecu
:dontknow: lol only when I thought I had it all figured out. Okay I'll keep searching for that EP3 SRS Airbag Module. Can't find it anywhere.... Let me know if you guys find anything:thumbsup:

Definitely! I will take pics and show you guys what I did and how it came out.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts