Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
SSM DC5
815 Posts
http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=231300609471&alt=web

This ad is advertized as (without side airbags) I asked the model number. and it was the a811 model.

Now... How do you guys know that the 811 doesn't work? This specific unit came off a Si without side airbags.

I emailed the seller to double check if this is correct.

Because now I am thinking the a811 that doesn't have side airbags would work as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do you still have this car? I know it’s a long shot but I would like to see photos of the modifications you made to allow these SI seats in your RSX.

·
Super Moderator
437 Posts
Do you still have this car? I know it’s a long shot but I would like to see photos of the modifications you made to allow these SI seats in your RSX.
one of the easiest ways to do the seat swap is if they do not directly bolt in, take and cut off the seat rail tabs that bolt to the chassis and bolt them up inside of the car. Next cut off the seat rail tabs off the SI seats, then take the seat and fit it on top of the rail tabs and tack weld them. remove the seats and finish welding.

·
Registered
6 Posts
one of the easiest ways to do the seat swap is if they do not directly bolt in, take and cut off the seat rail tabs that bolt to the chassis and bolt them up inside of the car. Next cut off the seat rail tabs off the SI seats, then take the seat and fit it on top of the rail tabs and tack weld them. remove the seats and finish welding.
thanks a lot for the information I found a welder in my area that can do it for fairly cheap. So I don’t need to buy any aftermarket brackets or Anything like that I can just weld the new seats to OEM parts correct?

·
Super Moderator
437 Posts
thanks a lot for the information I found a welder in my area that can do it for fairly cheap. So I don’t need to buy any aftermarket brackets or Anything like that I can just weld the new seats to OEM parts correct?
that is what I do. We just swapped SI seats into a EK the same way. In any case to have to test fit the SI seats first to see if they 100% bolt up without work

·
Registered
80 Posts
For those of us lacking welding skills or having access... What seats can be swapped into a DC-5? No prob using a cutoff wheel or drilling holes. Main concern that pops up for me will be the SRS light and how to work around it. To sum up my question, what is the most direct bolt on swap possible for the RSX? Also, if I magically come across cloth base seats, are those plug and play?

41 - 48 of 48 Posts