Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
I am a non smoker
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright im so pissed....i have a BONE STOCK rsx-ss and my gas light is on when i have 1-2 lines left before i hit E... is this normal? should i take it in the dealer.....and another thing...i filled up all the way, and my gas light is on, when iv only driven 189 miles!!! this makes me soo mad :firemad: because i dont have a heavy foot and i dont rag on my car that much at all...can someone please tell me whats going on, and another thing if this helps, i rarly use the SS unless i rag on it,,which is rare!....so u guys think i should take it in???:confused:

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Ur reserve tank is good up to 50 miles if that helps any. But yeah I use gas a lot 2. I fill up about every 3 to 4 days. I drive 55 miles round trip everyday, but its all highway miles. I'm not sure of that's normal or not, I'm just use to getting butt raped on gas. Sorry if this didn't help but I guess I needed to vent aswell. Take it in and tell me what they say.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I can usually go to about 260 miles on a tank, that is with hondata, intake, and exhaust. I'm not in the pedal all the time, but I do have my moments when I like to try out the 7300 redline upgrade.

·
I am a non smoker
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its weird...i go to high school, and i dont have a job, i kno for a fact i drive my car way less then alot of people on here, and im getting 189 miles and my damn gas light is on!!! i mean wtf....im pissed because i have to fill up soon, my bro has a 99 accord 2.3 4cyl 5spd. with intake and his ass get like 290-300 miles per tank.....it pisses me offf!!!!! u guys think its something to take to the dealer to get checked out...u think my gas gauge is fucked up?

·
I am a non smoker
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but if the gas light means i can go 50 miles, then i guess 50+190 which equals 240 isnt to great either....and im BONE STOCK....dude im pissed....to tell u the truth since i filled my gas tank all the way....iv maybe redlined 2 times...other then that i drive to school relaxed....and cruise around chilled....(most of the time) ;)

·
Registered
108 Posts
280 MPG in my base. I fill up with 93 oct. and drive 64 miles a day round trip. I would say something MAY be wrong with your gague. Warranty will cover it so I say check it out just to be safe.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
i usally get 300 - 320 + on my car and i rag on it most of the time. I have intake, race header, exhaust, intake gasket

Edit: i have a 5 speed

·
I am a non smoker
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so what do u guys think....u think there is something wrong, its just weird because my car is bone stock and i rag on it rarly....by "rag" i mean like redline, or anything past 5k....

·
Registered
235 Posts
i thought i was doing bad getting 240-260 miles to a tank. i'm moderately hard on my car: sometimes i really like to get on it, and plus sometimes i drive a little fast on the freeway. couldn't tell u for sure if anything's actually wrong with ur gauge or anything. how long have u had the car? first couple tanks i got gave terrible mileage

·
I am a non smoker
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this is gonna be my 3rd fill up....and what i mean by this is FULL fill up, sometimes i throw in 5-10 bucks....but iv had it since thanksgiving bout 2 months ago...

·
I am a non smoker
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
is their any other rsx-ss drivers here, i want to kno how much miles u get to the tank?? i mean shit if i have to fill up tomarrow or the next day, il prob be at 200-210 miles, which is fucking ridiculas(sp)....dude i hate this shit....im jealous that some people here get 300 miles and they actually have mods like I/E/H....LOL

·
Registered
345 Posts
My car does the same thing. I'll be driving with 2 lines left. I park my car and turn off the engine. When I come back, the fuel low light will be on and the line is all the way down to 0.

I've actually driven 40 freeway miles with the fuel low light on. At that time, I went 320 miles on a full tank.

Normally, I refill after 270 miles or when I have 3 lines left.

Hey DallasRSX - maybe it's time to switch to another brand of gas. I use Chevron.

·
bye RSX, hello TSX
1,348 Posts
Alot of things can contribute to bad mpg's. Excessive idle/warmup, under inflated tires, stop/go traffic, excessive weight/passengers(especially in city driving), winter gas, etc.... IMO i would check your tires, cut down the idle time, and fill up with gas from another station and see what you get.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Check tire pressure..it's been cold in TX of late. Also my RSX when new did that a lot..I got the gas light on at half a tank..it was really weird..it stopped after a couple after a month or so...the gas light was really inaccurate fro a while.

·
I am a non smoker
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well i fill up on 93oct. from Texeco and i really cant change my has type because i have a texeco gas card....but one thing i do do alot i kno i do, is that i warm up my car everyone morning, and everytime when school is out....so its a good 3-4 minutes, 2 times a day....u guys think this could be a reason i get SHITTY gas millage...and all i drive is city driving, barly any freeway driving, and i DONT stuff people in the back seat so the weight thing is outta the q....im just really trying to figure this prob out before i take it to the dealer and look like a idiot....thanks alot people!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Gas Card aside. It may be worth your while to fill up at another station using a credit card or cash just to have a comparison. My .02 cents.

·
bye RSX, hello TSX
1,348 Posts
I agree with trying a new gas station. Also have you checked your tire pressure on all 4 tires? Are you running with A/C defrost on?

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
DallasRSX said:
its weird...i go to high school, and i dont have a job, i kno for a fact i drive my car way less then alot of people on here, and im getting 189 miles and my damn gas light is on!!! i mean wtf....im pissed because i have to fill up soon, my bro has a 99 accord 2.3 4cyl 5spd. with intake and his ass get like 290-300 miles per tank.....it pisses me offf!!!!! u guys think its something to take to the dealer to get checked out...u think my gas gauge is fucked up?

well doesn't the accord have like an 18 gallon tank, versus our 13.2 :rolleyes:

if it helps, i usually get around 21-24 mpg. even when i rag on it, i get that same mileage, when coming back from the detroit auto show, playing around on the highway, and going 125-130 for like a full minute, and i still ended up getting 23. i don't think there's anything messed up with yours. i think my light comes on around 230ish.

·
Registered
247 Posts
i have an rsx-ss........i'm in canada so i get like 400 km to a tank........i use 91 octane......and i drive my car hard at time.....so i dont know thats like 250-260 miles or something like that....honestly....i drive my car fast alot and screw around a lot with it.............when i drive it nicely i could probably get about 400 - 450km ( so an extra 30 miles out of the tank).........highway i usually get like 600-650KM(370-400miles)..........and my light doesn't come on until i am like at or just above E...............idleing fo a short period wont do it..........the light is screwwed up and you should have it checked......but you should check your air filter.....tire pressure...oil level.......all your fluid levels......all of these things will affect your gas mileage

·
Registered
547 Posts
I noticed that the gas mileage wasn't that great when I first got the car. After the first 2 tanks, my mileage was right where it should be.

Your gas mileage will be worse in the cold. Like someone said above, check your tire pressures.

I usually get 30-31mpg, maybe a little less these days. My only mod is a type-s exhaust. This is a 5-spd manaul btw.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts