Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Ive searched around a little bit on here, but nobody with my exact symptoms. I have a clunking noise in the front right, the only time that i really can make the car do the noise is when i turn left with some speed and give gas at the same time. I have just replaced my strut mounts and have checked tie rods, bushings ect. Even had my mechanic buddy come over while the car was on stands and he said everything looked fine so he suggested i replace the strut mounts, which did not solve my issue. I guess it is also worth mentioning I have Raceland Ultimo coilovers, about a year old.

Registered
Check your CV axles and the condition of your sway bar.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Ive got stage 2 yonaka axles recently installed, i will try replacing sway bar end links next probably

Registered
1. axle going bad
2. axle nut not tightened all the way (grease nut and flat surface of knuckle/hub so they're not binding while you're trying to properly torque
3. knuckle to strut/coilover bolts (2 of them) aren't properly torqued (grease nut and flat surface of flange on the bolt prior to torquing)

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
1. axle going bad
2. axle nut not tightened all the way (grease nut and flat surface of knuckle/hub so they're not binding while you're trying to properly torque
3. knuckle to strut/coilover bolts (2 of them) aren't properly torqued (grease nut and flat surface of flange on the bolt prior to torquing)
Hi, ended up being a lower ball joint. Took it to the shop and they fixed her for me. Surprised I couldn't figure that out myself but oh well shes fixed now :)

Registered
Hi, ended up being a lower ball joint. Took it to the shop and they fixed her for me. Surprised I couldn't figure that out myself but oh well shes fixed now :)
good to know. You can always test lower ball joints just by jacking up the corner and try to tilt the wheel back and forth. Turning it will test the tie rods, tilting it will check the lower joint or some cars have an upper ball joint then it would be testing both ball joints.

edit: a bad wheel bearing will have play in both tilt and turn tests, not just one or the other.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts