Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
tie - coorz
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, at 4:20 this morning I'm awakened by my viper alarm screaming. I get the remote, look out the window, and see nothing. I watched the car for about 30 seconds, notice nothing out of the ordinary. Figured it was just a passing car with loud bass that set it off.

Leave for work this morning, to my surprise, glass everywhere, and my Kenwood ddx7015, plus the entire custom surrounding is gone. Wires exposed everywhere. Blinkers also aren't functional.

Luckily, the thief didn't notice my $300 oakleys in the glove compartment, nor the $30 in change in the center console, plus its a nice day, I'd have driven with the windows down anyway :blah:

I'm a bit shocked, I don't know where to go from here. I definitely don't have the receipt for the 3yr old dvd HU, it was about a $1500 job including the Sirius radio install. How do I go about claiming this? Is it worth it? I still have the stock HU.
I have full coverage on my 03 rsx. Hopefully I can get everything replaced. Wish me luck.

Attachments

·
I can drive up your rsx
29,087 Posts
Yeah those DVD screens seem to get alot of RSX owners into trouble. I really want one but am really thinking I'm better off keeping the Stock indash cause nobody wants that ish.

·
ADVAN'S FTMFW!!!
2,905 Posts
As far as a reciept I would go to the shop that did the install and see if they still have it in their record. Then you at least have something to show insurance what was stolen and cost at the time. If they don't have one then I would go to an audo shop that you know someone there and have them do an invoice for you if they can. Sorry to hear about that man. Good luck

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
thats y i prefer detachable, doesnt looks as clean but its a lot safer....Good luck...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Pictures help. And you will get depreciated value. Also any damage to the interior of the car (cracked/warped dash, electrical, etc) will be covered. It *may* increase your premiums. Also - if you have a sub - make sure that it is BOLTED down in the trunk. My old pontiac had it's whole stereo ripped out (h/u, pair of subs, amps, etc). The sub box was just resting in the trunk with a small steel wire keeping it back. Since the stereo was not "permanently affixed to the vehicle" it could not be claimed.

·
Love ///My new car
2,725 Posts
Pictures help. And you will get depreciated value. Also any damage to the interior of the car (cracked/warped dash, electrical, etc) will be covered. It *may* increase your premiums. Also - if you have a sub - make sure that it is BOLTED down in the trunk. My old pontiac had it's whole stereo ripped out (h/u, pair of subs, amps, etc). The sub box was just resting in the trunk with a small steel wire keeping it back. Since the stereo was not "permanently affixed to the vehicle" it could not be claimed.
that's BS, the stereo was bolted to a wire that was bolted to the car. that's just as permanently fixed as anything else bolted to the car, hell there are interior pieces that are just "clipped" in place. if someone stole your driver's side left vent surround piece and vent buy simply popping it out, that would be covered.

I had a company try to tell me that about my subs and that didn't fly and they covered it.

·
Long Live RSX
482 Posts
If you still have it, check your old credit card statement.

Claim the loss with your insurance company.

I personally take my Kenwood KDC959 stereo faceplace with me everytime I park it at work (not at home since it is garaged) to minimize thefts like these.

Good luck, hope your insurance cooperates.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts