Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched everywhere and I can't find Surf/snowboard Racks for my RSX! I've searched for a few years and they still don't have them out, unless I'm wrong and there is one out there. I tried doing a search on here but there were no threads regarding it.

Are there board racks for the RSX yet? :jigglemad

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wh :eek:a Nelly! I dunno bout spending that much on a rack lol.. I think i'll just go w/ the strap on racks; they're only 50 bucks. Thanks man!

·
I see what you did there
12,635 Posts
i see a red one with a rack.. UGLY

·
yawn..
22,903 Posts
poor car

·
Registered
215 Posts
hey...Yakima makes a fit kit for the RSX. I have not seen it yet, and when I posted and asked if anyone had done it, I've yet to receive an affirmative:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=170388
If you go to Yakima.com and use their fit guide, you could probably find the kit number. That's probably the only part you would need to buy new...and you could save a few bucks by getting all of the other parts, ie, load bars and tray, etc. off of ebay or someplace. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Yea....the fit kit works. I have it and use it for my mountain bike. I'm very picky about anything touching my car and i like it.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Uhh... yea, I have one...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hey RSX Jeff, could you post a pic of your car with the rack? I'd really like to see it with the sunroof opened and with it closed. Do you have a fairing? Is there space for one? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Don't have any pics right now.... I'll have to take some (no digi camera either). The sunroof clears just right. I can drive with if fully opened if i want to. I do not have a fairing, but it should fit, because it attaches to the front crossbar and does not touch the car. The wind noise is not that bad - I've traveled with 2 bikes up to 80 mph without problems. The fairing would probably make it a little quieter, but they also make a wind foil that fits over the front crossbar and smoothes out the air flow. I may try one one of these days...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts