Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im looking to see if anyone ever had the same problem and can help me out. sometimes i cant get into second gear. it seems like its in but when i step on the gas petal all i hear is the gears are kind of grinding but not quite grinding loud. well i looked in the hood and and where the shift cable ends the metal piece hits the transmission when i throw it into second gear. hope some one can help.

·
Registered
867 Posts
:rotfl:

I hope you know to push in the pedal on the left before you pull into second.....

.........and let go of it before pushing the gas??????????

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2nd gear

i meant the weight at the end of the gear line is hitting my engine on second gear. could that mean it was replaced wrong and my second gear wont go in or what. i dont really know the name the the parts but hope someone can understand. please help

·
2,871 Posts
i meant the weight at the end of the gear line is hitting my engine on second gear. could that mean it was replaced wrong and my second gear wont go in or what. i dont really know the name the the parts but hope someone can understand. please help
You probably have a CAI and you don't know, and your shift linkage is hitting it:face:
Do you have pics to clairify the problem??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts