Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Relatively new to Club EP3, not new to Hondas though.

My question is: Will I need to run the DC5-S e-brake cables when I swap the suspension?

I picked up the complete front shock/knuckle/etc setups, and the complete rear setup including trailing arms, lower control arms, and camber arms etc. from a 2003 Type S.

Sorry if this has been covered previously, I've been searching for a while trying to find my answer.

Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
no...ep3 cables will work.

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
they are the same size...the type-s has larger splines in the out side hub.....the type-r is a different size.

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
floorpan is the same, track is the same, trans is interchangable, lca are the same(bigger balljoints in the 05-06).....autozone has Chinese parts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Axles

floorpan is the same, track is the same, trans is interchangable, lca are the same(bigger balljoints in the 05-06).....autozone has Chinese parts
That might be true... I tried calling the stealership to get specs on the axles but they were no help.

Are the knuckles from the 02/04 base RSX and 02/04 RSX-S the same? I order ball joint for an ep and those fit. Thinking of swapping hubs and bearings to base if they'll fit the knuckle. Base have the same outbound spline 26. Any thoughts?

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
the base rsx has the same hub splines as the ep3

·
Registered
61 Posts
PM me in the future!!!

For future reference, the 04 ep3/base RSX/ and RSX-S share the same bearings according to autozone's database. So in theory, you could press in a base RSX bearing + hub into RSX-S knuckle and have a perfect match... Or swap out for 02/04 RSX-S axles and the RSX-S nuckle assembly. For sake of readiness, the RSX-S axle's are better if you plan to upgrade to higher hp.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts