Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have a 03 rsx type s i recently changed my intake manifold to a rbc and a ktuned TB and a Hybrid racing CAI ever since then my car idle is weird it goes up and down it sits at 2k then goes down to 1k-800k and when i drive for a while it starts to hit really low like 300k and then sometimes it just turns off and if i drive it has like a weird smell idk if it has to do with the idle situation as well.. got that bank 1 runs rich thing too but went away HELP 馃ズ馃ズ

Registered
I鈥檇 start with cleaning out the MAF sensor and inside the throttle body. Also make sure you connected all sensors correctly. There should be 2 you disconnected to install all parts. Any cel or codes?

Registered
Hey guys i have a 03 rsx type s i recently changed my intake manifold to a rbc and a ktuned TB and a Hybrid racing CAI ever since then my car idle is weird it goes up and down it sits at 2k then goes down to 1k-800k and when i drive for a while it starts to hit really low like 300k and then sometimes it just turns off and if i drive it has like a weird smell idk if it has to do with the idle situation as well.. got that bank 1 runs rich thing too but went away HELP 馃ズ馃ズ
Did you tune it? 99% sure that is your problem

I鈥檇 start with cleaning out the MAF sensor and inside the throttle body. Also make sure you connected all sensors correctly. There should be 2 you disconnected to install all parts. Any cel or codes?
Just an FYI, we have MAP sensors.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
only code i got was the p0172 but went away.. you think it could maybe be my injectors that i didnt put them back on right or maybe my wheel for the throttle cable?

Registered
Well first things first, put all of your stock shit back on and wait until you get Kpro or Ktuner. It could still possibly run properly, but you wouldn't benefit from it without a tune and will likely be lean. You can't just swap parts and expect the car to run correctly on the factory tune. There's no point in modifying your vehicle if you're not going to do it properly.

On a stock TB, the MAP sensor also needs to be relocated to the intake manifold. This may be the same case with the Ktuned TB, but you'll need to remove it and compare the ports with your factory TB in order to confirm.

Premium Member
dude.... you gotta tune it

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
dude.... you gotta tune it
Well first things first, put all of your stock shit back on and wait until you get Kpro or Ktuner. It could still possibly run properly, but you wouldn't benefit from it without a tune and will likely be lean. You can't just swap parts and expect the car to run correctly on the factory tune. There's no point in modifying your vehicle if you're not going to do it properly.

On a stock TB, the MAP sensor also needs to be relocated to the intake manifold. This may be the same case with the Ktuned TB, but you'll need to remove it and compare the ports with your factory TB in order to confirm.
yea im still kinda new to this stuff my friend just told me i should b fine if i just add everythin on there but i do wanna get a tune any recommendations? hondata kpro ktuner?

Registered
yea im still kinda new to this stuff my friend just told me i should b fine if i just add everythin on there but i do wanna get a tune any recommendations? hondata kpro ktuner?
You want Kpro. Pretty sure there鈥檚 a base map for the RBC on there as well.
This site has loads of great info on it. I suggest doing more research in the future before you buy parts. There鈥檚 lots of parts available for our cars, and most have been reviewed on here.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
yea i actually just saw this site never seen it before so i been looking thru other posts and stuff lol but thanks bro helped out alot!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts