Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Mason27
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So hey all, my name is Mason and I own a pretty stock 2005 RSX Type-S with an exception of different wheels that the previous owner put on. So the car has been a dream since I've owned it but just recently here in Waco we had a really bad rain storm blow through and I hit a pretty decent sized water build up on the road which stalled my engine. I was able to start it back up without any issues after and didn't think anything about it afterwards since I was on my way to work when it happened. So fast forward a week and I'm on my way to meet a couple buddies of mine and my car decided to throw a rod through the engine straight out the bottom with the piston pin, so it's out of commission for the time being which luckily I have another vehicle that I was trying to sell. My family and I think the engine got hydro locked and froze one of the pistons. Just wondering if any of you have been as unfortunate as me and experienced the same thing.

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Couple members on here have hydrolocked recently too. If your car is stock with no cold air intake , did you happend to drive through a lake ? LOL -_- that sucks bro. If you go into the marketplace and look under part outs/parts for sale and the engine for sale sections , you will find there are a couple of crashed vehicles selling an engine for a good price. I wouldn’t bother with getting your engine repaired just get s whole new engine it will be a lot easier to put in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts