Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dude is located in MODESTO, CA.
He is out trying to scam people claiming he has a Type R swap and then gets caught by ME and then now he says he never said it was a type r engine…Check out pictures for more information.
This is just to spread the word so no one gets scammed.
He changed ALOT of the info in his ad because he keeps getting caught.
Here is my link to my account for more info
Check out this item on OfferUp. https://offerup.co/MVUzmBSH1ub

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it is false advertisement in both the ad and the text conversation, but in the seller's defense, engines stamped "K20A" DID come in both Type R form and eco-A3 spec in Japan. It's just a JDM thing, they don't always use the number at the end like in other markets. It's always been a thing with Honda, even for the old B and H engines.

You're embarrassing yourself here, too, though. Super childish exchange on both ends.
Pictures clearly shows that he WAS trying to say it was a Type R engine and then he changed his ad afterwards. There’s a difference in false advertisement and scamming. It would be false advertisement if he really didn’t know but he knows it’s not a type R engine all of a sudden but still claims 217hp stock, “longer duration cams” and “higher compression pistons”. It is definitely a scam especially for people who are new to the k series.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it is false advertisement in both the ad and the text conversation, but in the seller's defense, engines stamped "K20A" DID come in both Type R form and eco-A3 spec in Japan. It's just a JDM thing, they don't always use the number at the end like in other markets. It's always been a thing with Honda, even for the old B and H engines.

You're embarrassing yourself here, too, though. Super childish exchange on both ends.
You can say I’m embarrassing myself, BUT I’m looking out for people who don’t know much about these cars. Would you be okay buying this car thinking it makes 217hp but in reality makes 160hp and has a base model engine? I don’t think so…

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't say you were wrong, I said you were childish about confronting him about it.
So it’s wrong to confront a scammer…? This would be a different story if he accepted it or looked into it but clearly his story changes throughout the ads. Like I said, I’m just looking out for people who were/are interested in a Rsx.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where's that damn facepalm meme...
It’s probably harder to understand if you haven’t seen the original ad. I was only able to post 10 pictures on here so I wasn’t able to show the whole thing. I found the guy who did all the mods on this vehicle for the owner and when he found out that it was the base k20a, the owner told him not to tell anyone. He did take a picture of the engine when he did a valve adjustment for the owner and that is how I have a picture. The owner DID NOT know the engine was swapped but in his current ad, he claims he was told “within 3 months” after purchasing the vehicle which is NOT true.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts