Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 rsx type s
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helpp. So I got off work and when I went to pull out I couldn't get my car to go in first gear it would go into the gear but I would stall out when I tried to take off like it wasn't first. Put my car in neutral and actually engaged into a gear I drove it home parked it and went 2 check the fluids the next morning checked the oil, that was fine. Tried to check the transmission fluid, went to find the fill Bolt it was missing and had no fluid. So I added two quarts of the Pennzoil synchromesh, went to through the gears they seem to be going into the gear easier I didn't try to take off when I put it in reverse and ended up getting stuck in reverse and now I can't get it out and I cannot backup either.. I'm not sure what's going on it sounds expensive. Which fucking sucks because I just had my clutch replaced not even 3 months ago and had to pay $1,300 and had to wait nearly six months just to get it back. I took it there because I heard the guy was good. But now I've heard nothing but he's a crook. Please help I hate that I can't trust anyone to work on my car. And she's my baby so I don't want to get rid of her

·
Registered
44 Posts
There's a special bolt above your speed sensor in front of the transmission, I think. It's an Allen type bolt. It has something to do with the shifting mechanism. Mine had fallen out awhile back and I had the exact same symptoms.

Turns out the PO glued the bolt back in there because they over torqued it and took the threads out of the case. It sure was fun removing the transmission to fix that mess.

·
Registered
332 Posts
This should probably be in the General RSX -> Problem & Solutions RSX forum. If that mechanic changed your transmission fluid while changing your clutch they're likely the reason for the missing bolt. They likely either, forgot to put it back in, torque it correctly, or didn't install a new compression washer. I'd reach out to the mechanic and see if they'll take responsibility for the mistake and do what's necessary fix it at no cost to you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts