Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Thanks for sharing. What are your bolt ons exactly? Are you running a RH? I would think it would be closer rolling at 60mph.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for sharing. What are your bolt ons exactly? Are you running a RH? I would think it would be closer rolling at 60mph.
I have injen cai, D.C. Race header, unknown exhaust 2.5 inches. I thought it would be a closer race too but the sti just kept on pulling harder and harder lol.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Are you good friends with the STI owner? This was a while ago but I had a friend with your mods and he was actually keep up with them and sometimes win. The AWD system tends to slow them down at higher speeds. I wonder if he has other mods he's hiding.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Are you good friends with STI owner? This was a while ago but I had a friend with your mods and he was actually keep up with them and sometimes win. The AWD system tends to slow them down at higher speeds. I wonder if he has other mods he's hiding.
Were buddys and the mods I listed was what he told me, so I'm taking his words for it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I get the same results when trying to run against Evo VIII's and newer. They get me from the start and just keep pulling away ... still fun trying though.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Agree, building up the engine internals would cost a lot of money. And, since you are in SoCal, if you did invest the money to do an engine build to keep up with the STI's and EVO's, you most likely would have to do an engine swap to an engine that can pass smog every 2 years or remove and replace with stock components. Those of us in SoCal have to be content with what we can do to our motors to have optimum performance and still pass smog. I would love to legally be able to have stage 2 or 3 turbo on my car, but way too many police in my area and they pull people over all too often to check engines when vehicles like ours sound modified. :(

·
NA Today
1,505 Posts
Agree, building up the engine internals would cost a lot of money. And, since you are in SoCal, if you did invest the money to do an engine build to keep up with the STI's and EVO's, you most likely would have to do an engine swap to an engine that can pass smog every 2 years or remove and replace with stock components. Those of us in SoCal have to be content with what we can do to our motors to have optimum performance and still pass smog. I would love to legally be able to have stage 2 or 3 turbo on my car, but way too many police in my area and they pull people over all too often to check engines when vehicles like ours sound modified. :(
That sucks I'd hate to live in Cali just cause of that. Seems like a great state otherwise. In Florida we don't even have any car inspections at all. And I've only been pulled over twice in the last 4 years. Surprising considering I drive pretty damn aggressively

1 - 13 of 13 Posts