Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the track today... and i saw a arctic blue type s w/turbo race against a supra w/turbo... Well... of course the Supra won.. but I was really surprised, The RSX kept up with it for first half of the race, and then the supra jus killed em....

·
Registered
154 Posts
Newer Supra I assume?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
RSX turbo....bullshit....this whole post is bullshit really

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually its not bull shit.... i saw it.. Rev hard has a turbo out for the RSX and there are several other small companys that have one so its really not that wierd to see an RSX turbo i think there are 2-3 of them where i am... I only saw the RSX had a 13 somthin but i think it was low.ITR if you dont believe me go to Nopi in Atlanta.... i guerontee you there will be at least 4 RSX's with turbo's

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
holy shit 4 RSX's with boost out of how many again.....you are full of shit....a stock supra runs low 13's.....most of these companies claims of 260whp from 3-4 psi is a joke for the RSX...there is no way..I want to see how many CFM these turbos are flowing at 3-4psi.....also a RSX with no LSD and short gearing would not go anywhere off the line and a supra is a top end car.....stock supras are traping 105mph+ with slight mods puting them at 115+mph....my friends with DP, exhaust, FMIC, and AVCR did [email protected] on street tires spinning into 3rd.....and that car is total top end....a RSX turbo will not come close to a supra TT period

·
Retired
13,573 Posts
there are only a handfull of turbo RSX's. 10 maximum, in all of North America.

What would make 4 of them be in Atlanta? Thats retarded.

I honestly really only know of one that is actually FOR REAL, which is DC5 Master's pimp ride.

·
Senior Pimp
929 Posts
ITR41 said:
holy shit 4 RSX's with boost out of how many again.....you are full of shit....a stock supra runs low 13's.....most of these companies claims of 260whp from 3-4 psi is a joke for the RSX...there is no way..I want to see how many CFM these turbos are flowing at 3-4psi.....also a RSX with no LSD and short gearing would not go anywhere off the line and a supra is a top end car.....stock supras are traping 105mph+ with slight mods puting them at 115+mph....my friends with DP, exhaust, FMIC, and AVCR did [email protected] on street tires spinning into 3rd.....and that car is total top end....a RSX turbo will not come close to a supra TT period
all these negative comments. i don't know what to believe, but hey i've seen a hyundai with 2 engines and doing a burnout with all 4 wheels and donuts. so why is it so hard to believe a rsx could put out 260? just my two cents. im not picking sides, it's just that :iamwiths:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
to tell you the truth i dont really give a shit if you belive me or not i saw it with my own eyes... u say a stock supra runs 13's.... did you see me say anything about that supras time??? no i said i didnt see what it got.. I also said that the supra did kill the RSX.. but the RSX hung with it for about 1/4 to half the run.

As for the Turbo.. Ive seen a lot of people here claiming they have turbo.. and around where i live ive heard of 2 turbo'd rsx's. Although ive never seen any of them with my own eyes, so i dont know if its true. But i saw the turbo under the hood of the RSX at Rocking ham so thats at least one.

Anyways.. i know im not full of shit.. and thats all that matters... your opinion really doesnt matter to me

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
go to the boost section of the forum.... dc master i think it was... just dyno'd at 310 HP.... cant be done huh?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I didn't say it couldn't be done period....I said not on 3-4 psi.....I don't care if he says that's what he did it on he didn't....and if he did he is runnin about a pin point away from detonation cause he is so lean

·
Registered
547 Posts
He ran that on 14psi, stock internals. I don't think he cares about blowing his engine (probably will rebuild).

·
Registered
769 Posts
see thats the shit that cracks me up people are claiming 230-260 at the wheels on like 4 LBS of boost well HELLO let me explain.

i talked to my friend he is a turbo guy builds them custom kits EVERYTHING you need to do or know he can do it.

WELL he told me 10 LBS of boost is basically 100hp over stock now stock dyno on an RSX S 170 now with 10 LBS that would put it roughly to 270.

now your telling me take off 6 LBS and you only lose 30 hp????? HELL FUCKING NO. maybe on 6 lbs maybe on 7 lbs the greddy car got 243 tot he wheels on i don't know how many LBS of boost.

so HELLO i know the i know the greddy car is boosting as much or more than 3-4 LBS and its got less HP ummm no.

·
Retired
13,573 Posts
Mike, you make a very interesting point. DC5 Masters car did 310 or something w/ 13 PSI.

no way people are getting that much power with 3-4.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
koalapeck said:
Mike, you make a very interesting point. DC5 Masters car did 310 or something w/ 13 PSI.

no way people are getting that much power with 3-4.
Maybe in their own minds they do.

·
Registered
769 Posts
GOD DAMN 13 PSI is it build at all?

·
Retired
13,573 Posts
whitemike1644 said:
GOD DAMN 13 PSI is it build at all?
No dood, he went hardcore.

I don't think he boosts at that much on a regular basis.

That was with 19's too. I think if he had some light 17's on there or something, he would have put down another 10-15 HP at least.

·
Registered
769 Posts
damn DC5 good shit that is fucking crazy numbers.

noiw imagine what he has done dropped into a hatch:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
you guys are right about the 3-4 psi but honestly PSI isn't the only thing you need to know.....you need to know the heat the system creates as well as the CFM it flows(most important)

by the way if DC5 has his fuel needs worked out(he doesn't really cause the injectors are too small) then it will run ok....plus you have to remember he has the F-CON which makes spark and duty cycle changes to exactly what you want them too be(he doesn't konw what it's set at and you really should know)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts