Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
13,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so me and my good friend were rollling at about 20mph. and he wants to race, and so we both hit the gas about the same time. he accelerated faster and stayed ahead. this wasnt a real race but i want to know if some factors will cause me to lose or him to win the next time we actually race.

-he's rolling with 17's and me stock 16's. will bigger rims make the car faster since its a bigger roll?

- he got AEM V2 cold air and i got Injen SRI (maybe i was sukcing in nuthing but hot air...)

-his sound system is a lot lighter than mine. (i'm running 3 amps and 2 12's. he has one 15" and 2 amps.)

-are celicas lighter?

·
Department's Peon
640 Posts
you need to lose some weight in your car, get a CAI and some new performace tires than you be good to go :thumbsup: and yes celica is light but they have less horse power

·
Registered
301 Posts
Dude face it YOU GOT OWNED!!!.. No biggie . V2 or CAI , loose some weight (in the car), mabey a catback exhaust system. He'll be runnin for the hills LOL. Celicas are way over rated. Tell him if He wants to race come on down to the Carolinas. We'll smoke his ass southern style!! (gear shift in right hand, knee on the wheel, and left hand eatin some gritts)

·
REP TEH BOOBIES!!
5,819 Posts
WOW!!!! This IS FREAKING OLD!!!! I'm sure the celica broke down by now or the owner got rid of it! Also CAI is what you need!

·
13,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
omg this thread is so old. how did it come up? the celica is totalled now by some guy running a red light. my friend owns it made it out ok.

and i found that

-celica is slightly lighter
-he had better tires, while i had stock
-my system is really heavy

·
I mean, this guy...
7,034 Posts
I had a 2000 auto celica gt. I looked sweet (had TRD lip kit), handled awsome, and decent acceleration from a 1.8l. Until i stuck a short ram on there, the heatsoak OWNED that car. Which is why i chose CAI for my RSX. My brother has the Celica now, and is trying to mod it too. He has header, SRI, and axle-back. And thinks he can hang with me. I have CAI, and exhaust. We are going to get a few races on video, so i can shut him up.

·
(•_•) ( l :) (.-.) (: l )
12,876 Posts
wooooah like a year and a half old thread...awesomeness

·
Base with attitude
2,965 Posts
i beat a 98 v6 accord with short ram intake and dual exhaust

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
i sleep in a drawer

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,280 Posts
raheel616 said:
i beat a 98 v6 accord with short ram intake and dual exhaust
congratufukinglations...heres a cookie...

·
Mr. Bear
8,079 Posts
how can a GT auto beat an RSX surely got me ponder. I got a stock EP and I owned GT (auto or not)... bad. GT hp is lower than the RSX TQ number, how it beats you don;t really make anysense.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
If you have a bad driver in the RSX then you can easily lose to a celica

1 - 20 of 22 Posts