Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
#Inkpot
4,943 Posts
Maybe someday I can afford to buy one strictly for toy car use lol.

Put the top down and with no need to look at street lights on the track :thumbsup:

I almost tried to buy one in Nevada. What a ride home that'd have been back to MN haha :rest

·
.♥
10,293 Posts
That's just if you consider the retroactive life of the K20. In a few years, more and more companies will make better and better bolt ons and mods for the FA20.

Unfortunately, the inherent boxer design makes it a bit of a pain in the ass to work on, but as an engine, it has quite a bit of potential.

Even now we are seeing Superchargers and Turbos giving quite a decent power boost. Not to mention ECU tunes and running E85 does wonders for the FA20.

Now yes I know, there is a "torque dip" in the FA20 and there isn't one on the K20, but let's be real, that's because there isn't any torque to dip.

:troll:

·
Registered
833 Posts
Had alot of time behind the wheel of FRS or BRZ. Driving position is close to perfect in a way maybe even slightly better than the s2000.

However I don't think comparing the Rsx-S to a FR-S is fair, more like FRS/BRZ Vs S2000 :)

Even now after owning an s2000 for a few months, still miss the K20A2 or K20A..

·
Are you 20/20?
3,930 Posts
Had alot of time behind the wheel of FRS or BRZ. Driving position is close to perfect in a way maybe even slightly better than the s2000.

However I don't think comparing the Rsx-S to a FR-S is fair, more like FRS/BRZ Vs S2000 :)

They're comparable, but definitely not a fair comparison lol
S2k still wins, 10+ years later

·
Registered
37 Posts
Can you elaborate? From my experience it feels like the K20 has a bit more mid range torque compared to the F20 but I could be wrong.

Just realizing I'm thread jacking a bit here. I used to own an S2000 and test drove a BRZ. I felt the BRZ motor lacked any sort of drama that makes the F and K series motors so much fun. The BRZ motor was just lifeless IMHO.

·
.♥
10,293 Posts
I've already spoken to supercharged about this and yes the S2K is slightly better, but it was more expensive when it came out.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Can you elaborate? From my experience it feels like the K20 has a bit more mid range torque compared to the F20 but I could be wrong.

Just realizing I'm thread jacking a bit here. I used to own an S2000 and test drove a BRZ. I felt the BRZ motor lacked any sort of drama that makes the F and K series motors so much fun. The BRZ motor was just lifeless IMHO.
Exactly. For me the F series revs kinda slow nothing until hitting Vtec and doesnt respond well to mods . Its fun but not as good as K20A2 z1 z3 A with just simple bolt on and kpro.

The FRS/ BRZ is fine besides the tq dip i just dislike how it gives nothing up top.

·
K24 revhard
2,572 Posts
I've already spoken to supercharged about this and yes the S2K is slightly better, but it was more expensive when it came out.
U are 100% correct on the price . But there's reasons. Honda did things that have never been done in the release for it. The first ever 240hp 4 cylinder motor. The most hp per litre 4 cylinder..Perfect 50 50 weight distribution. A digital cluster in the year 1999. A 9k rev limit engine equipped with forged pistons from factory.The s2000 is considered part of automotive history. There's reasons for the price . Not saying it's justifiable but they had reason for it. The frs brz new was cheaper but it doesn't do anything to set it apart from the pack. The s2000 did. U can get a very clean low s2000 low mileage for well under 20k now.

·
K24 revhard
2,572 Posts

I agree with u on the k20. My type s also feels better in mid range then my s2k used to when factory . The s2k doesn't come to life until 6k. Before that it's pretty much dead lol.

121 - 132 of 132 Posts