Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
K Proed!
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i raced my friend today and he has a 02 with 141k and a aem v2 with a catback with stock wheels and tires. I have a 03 with 70k and a v2 with a catback and JRRH and 17" drag dr31's.. We raced from a roll in 2nd right before vtec and he instantly jumped on me and continued to pull. then we raced from a 60 mph roll and he instantly jumped on me again and then it evened out a lil. WTF? do u think it is like this because i am running a race header without a tune? or do u think that his smaller and lighter wheels r giving him the jump? me and him were both surprised and figured id out pull him. im pretty upset and i have an rbc waiting to be put on with kpro soon. we are both equal drivers and we even switched cars and raced again and same results. what do u guys think? did i lose power with the race header and removing the cat without a tune?

**PUT MY STOCK WHEELS BACK ON AND I JUMPED AND BEAT HIM EVERYTIME, LOST A LITTLE ACCELERATION AND JUMP WITH THE BIGGER WHEELS

·
Registered
580 Posts
i raced my friend today and he has a 02 with 141k and a aem v2 with a catback with stock wheels and tires. I have a 03 with 70k and a v2 with a catback and JRRH and 17" drag dr31's.. We raced from a roll in 2nd right before vtec and he instantly jumped on me and continued to pull. then we raced from a 60 mph roll and he instantly jumped on me again and then it evened out a lil. WTF? do u think it is like this because i am running a race header without a tune? or do u think that his smaller and lighter wheels r giving him the jump? me and him were both surprised and figured id out pull him. im pretty upset and i have an rbc waiting to be put on with kpro soon. we are both equal drivers and we even switched cars and raced again and same results. what do u guys think? did i lose power with the race header and removing the cat without a tune?
nope, a raceheader will still benefit you without a tune

·
So Amazin'
2,111 Posts
Could be you're spark plugs, or you're heavier, maybe you're filter is clogged

·
Registered
250 Posts
the wheels are the problem guy. and his motor may still be healthier.

·
Banned
8,155 Posts
he took a shit before the race and won because of weight redux
:rotfl:

that and cause he just filled up on premium Vtec fluid

·
Я убью т&#1077
3,242 Posts
maybe you guys should have switched penises.

and why the hell are you running rh without kro?

you see k-pro is like a taylor.
you can go out and buy a 3000 dol suit, but it will look like shit if it isnt taylored.

·
K Proed!
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im running ngk irudium plugs, and my motors healty. i had my system in the back but i dont think that made a difference

·
Я убью т&#1077
3,242 Posts
im running ngk irudium plugs, and my motors healty. i had my system in the back but i dont think that made a difference
you are not getting the best out of your mods w/o kpro. like i said in above post. you can buy all the mods you want, but to make them work for you u need a tune

do you have reflash or are you running on stock map?

·
wtfhax0r
7,507 Posts
the writers of the movie knew nothing about cars when they made that movie
especially in 2 fast 2 furious when paul walker is driving the yellowish evo backwards on the highway you CLEARLY hear a vtec crossover.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts