Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts
Everyone has Scion TC and the base RSX, but not everyone drives the
Type-S. To me I think the RSX looks better, but like everyone said, if your not really into performance you get more from the TC that offers than the RSX. Overall, to me I would get the RSX.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
i VieTEC said:
My friend paid a lil bit $17.5K out the door for an automatic tC. I know a few base owners that got the base rsx with cloth seat out the door for $20.4K.

I was at Toyota of Northridge and they wanted over $24K for a tC with body kit, subwoofer, Pioneer head unit, aluminum shift knob, and 18" wheels.
That is just like the american market. They'll add on so much stuff to a good deal that it ruins the reputation. When shopping for my tC, I ran into more than a few of those dealers. I had to request a base model because I could not find a tC out there with out a bunch of accessories added to it.

For those of you that say that the tC isn't as good in the performance department, Toyota is supposed to come out with a supercharger for the tC that'll run 2-3K bringing the wheel hp to around 200, which is in the ball park of the type-S. It's just a matter of time for it to pass the emissions test.

They are both unique, they both have 160HP, and they both are head tuners. The RSX has a slightly higher trim level then the tc, but you can't beat the tc price of what you get. What ever you do I recommend getting a stick. Better mileage, faster, and cheaper. Take them both out for a test drive on the same day.

Is the TRD supercharger even out yet? Toyota has been promising this s/c for over a year now and I still haven't seen it being sold other than in a picture of it on a tC at some car show.

Car company public hp at the crank not at the wheel so that 200hp is most likely at the crank if it can even reach that high with conservative boost level from the factory.

hamster said:
That is just like the american market. They'll add on so much stuff to a good deal that it ruins the reputation. When shopping for my tC, I ran into more than a few of those dealers. I had to request a base model because I could not find a tC out there with out a bunch of accessories added to it.

For those of you that say that the tC isn't as good in the performance department, Toyota is supposed to come out with a supercharger for the tC that'll run 2-3K bringing the wheel hp to around 200, which is in the ball park of the type-S. It's just a matter of time for it to pass the emissions test.

Well...I own a 5 speed RSX. I agree that the TC is perfect for a cruise around car. My best friend owns one and always seems to in competition with me. Performance wise, I believe the RSX is much better. I feel that the inside of the car (cockpit) is designed to make the driver feel in control and comfortable as the TC is nice but doesn't seem to really welcome you. If she wants to race, get the RSX!!!

i think the tC is a better buy and has more gadgets. tC !

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Update:

After test driving a Base Model RSX, a tC, a Jetta, a Mazda 3, and a Chevy Cobalt... she has decided to get the tC. She was impressed with all cars, but it came down to pricing, and the tC gave her the most gadgets for the buck.

Thanks everyone for the input.

Uhhh reality check...Toyota/Lexus is slightly better than Honda/Acura. They're both top notch but H/A in general is not more reliable.

And if I remember correctly, Consumers Reports listed the reliability in new cars like this:
Subaru
Lexus
Acura
Toyota
Honda

Saying its way more reliable is an uneducated, fanboy post. And looks are subjective. Plus you failed to address all of the positives in the tC.

ok now keep in mind this is just my opioin and im not flamming the tc just because i have a type-s but maybe i am just a little :dontknow: . but to me that damn car looks like a knock of of the new bmw 3 series and i starting to get tired of seeing KNOCK OFFS just like that damn 300c which is nice but common do you really think that car would be half as cool as it is if it didnt have that front grill :rolleyes: that it has. so in conclusion i dont care what she buys its her money but just out of spite id have to say the rsx is a car totally worth the money and there is no way you could be disapointed :blah:

just because she got the TCdoes not mean you have to stop posting now hamster... you need to post up how you killed some RSX's... :laughing: anyways great choice those are some pretty cool cars... another one I would have considered would have bean a tibberon GT.. they have a pretty good bang for buck in the auto too... :thumbsup:

21 - 40 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.