Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

861 - 880 of 907 Posts

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
typical Indiana weather 55 one day snowing today and high forties by the weekend
Shit, was 73 in Plainfield yesterday and tonight is a low of 16, we only got about 1/2" of snow at the most.

I hate this state, I'm moving to FL. :D

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
My new toy for this year, 2013 Honda CBR250R, only has 10 miles on it. Older gent in Westfield bought it from the dealership and then drove it home, decided he didn't want it after all, so that's where it sat for 6 months. He paid $4,500 after tax, freight/shipping, and doc fees. I bought it for $2,940 :D

Well, here she is!

·
EVO 9 fan
89 Posts
Pretty sure you can pick up use ones a lot cheaper than that unless you wanted a new one. 250's are slow but great on gas so your wallet will thank you

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Pretty sure you can pick up use ones a lot cheaper than that unless you wanted a new one. 250's are slow but great on gas so your wallet will thank you
I'm also a n00b, this is my first bike, definitely not my last!

That' why I didn't buy a real bike. :coffee:

·
EVO 9 fan
89 Posts
Ah fair enough. Im surprised people still buy 250's considering they came out with the 500's. Im just messing with ya dude my family owns bike shops so that's why I was yanking your chain. have fun with it they are definitely nimble

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Ah fair enough. Im surprised people still buy 250's considering they came out with the 500's. Im just messing with ya dude my family owns bike shops so that's why I was yanking your chain. have fun with it they are definitely nimble
Sorry I was :firemad: I just hate that people giving me shit for something that I think is pretty sweet, my first bike so once I get more experienced I'll definitely upgrade. Plus I got it for a steal, no way I was going to pass that up. :pimp

·
EVO 9 fan
89 Posts
Yea you did at that price you probably couldn't get it cheaper anywhere else I will give it maybe a month before you want something bigger

·
Das eeet mane
10,880 Posts
Ayo Seth:wavey:, how you been man?? Do you remember awhile back when your RSX's exhaust was sounding like shit? What exactly was wrong with it, the flex pipe had cracked I believe but did you take it somewhere to get it fixed or did you fix it yourself?

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Yea you did at that price you probably couldn't get it cheaper anywhere else I will give it maybe a month before you want something bigger
I can already tell that I want something bigger :laughing: That's alright though, I learned how to ride on a 250 and can/will sell for a profit, and put that $ towards a 600.

Ayo Seth:wavey:, how you been man?? Do you remember awhile back when your RSX's exhaust was sounding like shit? What exactly was wrong with it, the flex pipe had cracked I believe but did you take it somewhere to get it fixed or did you fix it yourself?
What's up Zach? I've been great, trying to enjoy this lovely Indiana weather ;) Yea, before I had my Hasport MM's Vinnie and I were "racing" a V8'ster and just spun tires all night, that's what caused that. Only went away because swapped that cheap Megan header with a DC manifold bolted to a hollow Megan downpipe. No flex = no problems :thumbsup:

·
That random guy.
12 Posts
Yo NW Indiana peeps

Sup guys, just saying hey. Black 04 type S here. I generally ride up through Munster, Merrillville/Schereville, Hammond, and Highland every now and again. I see a few RSX's (and some Type-S's, too) and I'm just getting back into the car scene. Drove a modded tC for awhile and when I'm not in the car, I'm riding around on one of the manliest ZX-6R's you'll ever see...yea, the red one with the Hello Kitty stickers covering the duct-tape body repair. Stay safe guys. Peace.

·
That random guy.
12 Posts
:wavey: Right back at ya homie. Sweet bike. When things settle down, I'll post up some pics of the ride and the car.

Everyone told me I would get bored of my ZX-6R (636cc) and I've owned it for 3 years now...and not a single thought has crossed my head about going larger, smaller, newer, or older. But I'm a simple man, lol. Besides I love throwing this thing around corners more so than I do going straight (I'm not admitting what my top-speed was...but I first discovered how fast that lil ninja could go when I wanted to see if the shift indicator works by staying in first...and it does...and third gear comes up way too fast...so do triple-digit numbers, lol).

Happy modding.

·
Das eeet mane
10,880 Posts
How have you posted twice and your post count still be at zero??

Seth, Chris is probably going to be unloading his RSX:(

·
That random guy.
12 Posts
How have you posted twice and your post count still be at zero??

Seth, Chris is probably going to be unloading his RSX:(
Even on the internet, what I say is considered to be irrelevant, just like real life...j/k. But seriously, I have no idea as I've posted and replied to several other areas as well, but it doesn't bother me...I'm just that one guy anyway, lol.

861 - 880 of 907 Posts