Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

881 - 900 of 907 Posts

·
Das eeet mane
10,880 Posts
What do ya mean? Is he selling it or something? :confused:
He may be straight trading it or trade with a liittle cash thrown his way for an 86 Regal T with a dropped in 455 and custom transmission, seen pictures of it, a very very clean whip garage kept originally in Florida, in fact a T Type Regal is the only type of muscle car, outside of the muscle car era, I'd like to own.

If he pulls the trigger I can't be mad at him, its a sweet whip, but I will have no one anymore that I hang with that owns an RSX, Anthony owns his still but we live on opposite sides of town, work totally different schedules, plus I got the family now.

I guess I'll go back to aimlessly crusing:dontknow:, but then again I did just fine with that :)

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
He may be straight trading it or trade with a liittle cash thrown his way for an 86 Regal T with a dropped in 455 and custom transmission, seen pictures of it, a very very clean whip garage kept originally in Florida, in fact a T Type Regal is the only type of muscle car, outside of the muscle car era, I'd like to own.

If he pulls the trigger I can't be mad at him, its a sweet whip, but I will have no one anymore that I hang with that owns an RSX, Anthony owns his still but we live on opposite sides of town, work totally different schedules, plus I got the family now.

I guess I'll go back to aimlessly crusing:dontknow:, but then again I did just fine with that :)
Yea the old school Buicks are pretty sweet, but I'd much rather see myself in a 89' IROC Z or a 88' Fox Body or a 94' 300ZX or a 91' 240SX or if I want to dream then I'd be satisfied with a 91' NSX or a 97' Turbo Supra

That's my list for ya! Currently I drive a 08' Malibu with a 3.6 :vtec:

I wish that I never would have sold my RSX, but as you know life happens and I wouldn't trade my son for the world.

·
Das eeet mane
10,880 Posts
Yea the old school Buicks are pretty sweet, but I'd much rather see myself in a 89' IROC Z or a 88' Fox Body or a 94' 300ZX or a 91' 240SX or if I want to dream then I'd be satisfied with a 91' NSX or a 97' Turbo Supra

That's my list for ya! Currently I drive a 08' Malibu with a 3.6 :vtec:

I wish that I never would have sold my RSX, but as you know life happens and I wouldn't trade my son for the world.
I've dealt with too many douches in my life that loved those late 80's Camaros so I cant even really stand to look at them, I used to own a 93 5.0 so that filled my Mustang tooth for now, so the T Type really is the only Muscle Car outside of a Grand National that I'd like to own.

You are true about life, so far I've been fortunate my GF was due to get a new car when we found out she was pregnant, she fell in love with the Scion XB and i helped her get it, perfect small family car. I haven't actually even taken the little guy in the RSX yet, when I do I'll throw some pics up.

·
Das eeet mane
10,880 Posts
Looks like Black's gonna keep his RSX, at least for the moment, he sold his house so he's gonna be out of a garage in just under 2 weeks. We'll see how long he keeps the car after that. Anyone know also of hearing an intermittent pop when the back wheels spin? Was out at The Strip with him Saturday night after the Pacers game and when we hit the drive-thru at Steak and Shake this intermittent pop sound started, about once per revolution. It went away or at least died down to where we couldn't hear it at higher speed (30-60 MPH) but started coming out of a slow roll going to about 25 MPH. But even at lower speeds you couldn't always hear it, any ideas?:dontknow:

·
Das eeet mane
10,880 Posts
tie-rod? or did it come from somewhere else
See I'm not sure the noise seemed to come from his driver side but it was such a pronounced noise the most I could tell is that it was from the rear, I've told the dude he needs to take it to a shop and get someone elses opinion/an accurate diagnosis and he always tells me "Nah man I really don't have time" or he doesn't want to spend any money on it. Even though the guy just redid his headliner and installed a Pioneer Touchscreen Double DIN.

At this point I'm pretty much like 'You figure it out' He's still looking at trading it for a hatch, an EM1, or even a Prelude, plus he's still worried at how much he'll really be able to work on the car since he'll be garageless by Friday and the complex his GF lives in is a nicer complex so he doesn't know if he'll get his balls busted or if so to what degree over wrenching.

·
Das eeet mane
10,880 Posts
Got ya, aren't there any local schools with automotive programs that can look at it for free?
I don't know like I said he's a good dude but I don't get where he's coming from, he can't decide if he wants to keep the car, sell it, trade it. Yet does things like spend $225 on a Pioneer double din then redo the headliner in black suede. Then has noises come up like these and says he doesn't really want to spend the money....

I'll be the first to admit I don't know what all the guy has going on, he may have some serious money problems even though he just sold his house because he swears him and his GF are moving to Tampa come October, I don't know how much he was in the hole for that. He may still be making payments on his RSX though I'm almost certain he owns it. We talk but it's mostly about cars, we hang but when we do we mostly :hi:

Just wish I had met him sooner, he's a good dude, will suck when he moves. Though his GF is hot as sin, she'll look good coming out of that water in a bikini:shady::drool:

·
Das eeet mane
10,880 Posts
Probably wont do any good but I'm getting a Fantasy Football league going, anyone that get's on here (which I'm ssuming no one from the deadness that's in here) is more than welcome to PM me for details.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Glad to see all the activity up in this thread.

·
maison ikkoku ftw
424 Posts
this thread has been going since 2007 and mr stevens is the curator

·
Das eeet mane
10,880 Posts
Well cblack317 is no longer an RSX owner. Traded it for a Silver DC4. Not sure what all was done to it as I'm pretty sure dude's in Tampa now, went by about a week and a half ago and in his normal spot sat a clean DC4. Will text him to see what sweetened the deal for him to make the move.

·
2 SOON JR
814 Posts
:shady:

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
No activity in over a month, what's good guys?

881 - 900 of 907 Posts