Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Class: Now in Session
16,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to this guy at a shop the other day and he was trying to convince me to get a body kit made of rubber. I'm still kinda new at this import thing and modifying cars, but I have never heard of anyone installing a body kit made of rubber. To me, it looks like it would be hard to paint and I don't think it would look good after being painted and installed, but then again, I wouldn't know. That's just something I've gathered on my own. Can anyone tell me if they have had any experiences or anything or tell me the advantages and disadvantages of installing a rubber body kit?? :dontknow:

Thanks in advance!

·
Banned
13,970 Posts
SubZer03 said:
I was talking to this guy at a shop the other day and he was trying to convince me to get a body kit made of rubber. I'm still kinda new at this import thing and modifying cars, but I have never heard of anyone installing a body kit made of rubber. To me, it looks like it would be hard to paint and I don't think it would look good after being painted and installed, but then again, I wouldn't know. That's just something I've gathered on my own. Can anyone tell me if they have had any experiences or anything or tell me the advantages and disadvantages of installing a rubber body kit?? :dontknow:

Thanks in advance!
:spin: :laughing: :eek: :jigglemad owned: poop :wtf:

·
Registered
435 Posts
Well then that makes two of us. I've never heard of rubber bodykits either!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Johnny Navs said:
polyurethane is rubber. He probably told you to go for polyurethane rather than fiberglass.
Well that makes much more sense. I learned something new today... Thanks!

·
baby buffett
13,383 Posts
:wtf: rubber? I wouldn't want a jiggly body kit

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
like a bowl full of jello!

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Re: Re: Rubber body kits?

03RSX-S said:
:spin: :laughing: :eek: :jigglemad owned: poop :wtf:
... another worthwhile post from 03RSX-S:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
How do you think he has all of those posts? Well, now you know!

On topic: He probably meant polyurethane. ;)

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
:iamwiths:

·
Registered
383 Posts
In actuality your factory bumpers are a type of rubber and they dont jiggle all around. It is about the same material.

·
What are you made of...
22,074 Posts
Hmmmm rubber bumpers, with springs on the bumper we will be like bumper cars :laughing: :spin: :driving:

·
Class: Now in Session
16,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah...thanks. All the guy said was rubber and it came from the factory in this nasty ass black color and it looked all chalky. If that's what poly urethane is, then i guess it's cool then. but still kinda iffy on the looks of it and concerned how it would look when it's all painted.

·
Registered
11,745 Posts
rsxs03 said:
In actuality your factory bumpers are a type of rubber and they dont jiggle all around. It is about the same material.

No rubber bud... They are a type of plastic;)

·
No More Broken OEM Fogs
2,126 Posts
but still kinda iffy on the looks of it and concerned how it would look when it's all painted.

Polyurethane is one of the best materials that you could use for a body kit. Its durable, it beds and absorbs shock so it won't shatter and it holds a paint job really well if sanded and primed correctly. A buddy of mine helped me put mine on. It came in a box all bent up. At the time I still had my integra and was waiting to put the kit on before I drove my S. I took it out of the box and threw it in the back of my integra - ll bent up. took it out of the integra and wala - it bent back to shape. We did not have to modify this kit in any way to make it fir right - wings west is really good about that. We sanded it, wet sanded it, primed it, painted it twice and clearcoated it. I like it alot. No one else around here has a kit like this.

Don't be afeard of the Poly.U.

D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts