Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I can see clearly now
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when I drive my dc5 at approx. 75 mph on the freeway, I usually hear this rubbing coming from the front passenger side wheel area. I have about 3,300 miles on it right now and it's gotten better from the time I bought it, but I can still hear the rubbing. Is it part of the breaking in period? or should I schedule an appt. with the stealership about this issue? Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
are you sure it's rubbing.... and not something that sounds like it?

usually something that will only happen at a certain speed is actually just an engine vibration at a certiain rpm

I would listen real carefully; if it sound metallic at all you prolly have a header bolt loose or something simple like that, check to see if the same sound happens at the exact same rpm in other gears (you have to be real careful to catch it there and keep it)

·
I can see clearly now
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can only describe the noise is rubbing but it doesn't seem metallic. When I'm going pretty fast I can hear it more when I make slight turns too.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I can only describe the noise is rubbing but it doesn't seem metallic. When I'm going pretty fast I can hear it more when I make slight turns too.
hmmm maybe it is rubbing then. I dunno, good luck with figuring out what it is.

Since its so new, i'd just say go to the dealer

·
I can see clearly now
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol k thanks. think they'll notice my itr header w/ep3 front sway? looks pretty stock looking

·
I can see clearly now
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^yeah it kinda does sound like a howling noise.

I just talked to the dealership and they said they're going to need half a day to determine where it's coming from. I told them I better be in the car when they go on some high speed test runs :noes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts