Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asking this question here because you guys know the most about suspension. Just picked up a set of 17x9+27 SSR Comps. They have 245/45/17 rt-615ks on the now but one pair is almost done and one pair is pretty new.
Is it ok to put a 245/40/17 for clearance in the front and keep the 245/45/17 rear? Will this setup handle ok? Or should I switch the tires all together and just try to sell the rt-615s?
Any advise would be great.

·
Speedooo
555 Posts
Asking this question here because you guys know the most about suspension. Just picked up a set of 17x9+27 SSR Comps. They have 245/45/17 rt-615ks on the now but one pair is almost done and one pair is pretty new.
Is it ok to put a 245/40/17 for clearance in the front and keep the 245/45/17 rear? Will this setup handle ok? Or should I switch the tires all together and just try to sell the rt-615s?
Any advise would be great.
You bought those off of cl? Damnit.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am also in a dilemma, in the serie we are entering, we can have two sizes of tires that can fit us, one is a 225/45/17 (which we used so far) and the other one is a 245/40/17.

we are running 8" wheels, which would be better, 225 or 245? The serie uses street tires, they are BF Goodrich G Force sport comp2. Are the 245 going to be too wide?

We also have a set of 17x8 and 17x9, should i put two 245 on the 9" and put them in the back or in the front? Would we gain something from having a staggered setup?

I have no experience in fwd and would rather not buy a set of tire if it is not going to be optimal.

thanks

·
Speedooo
555 Posts
IMO the wider wheel with the bigger tire in the front would be beneficial.

Yeah actually traded my work XD-9s for them. Seemed like a good deal to me. Can't beat 15lb wheels.
Definitely can't...especially when they were listed for $900 w/ azenis. Were those the xd9's listed on CL? Saw those too.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
IMO the wider wheel with the bigger tire in the front would be beneficial.

Definitely can't...especially when they were listed for $900 w/ azenis. Were those the xd9's listed on CL? Saw those too.
Yeah I've gone through 3 sets of wheels this winter w/o even putting them on my car. Had Advan sa3, enkei nto3, work xd9s and now these ssr's. I'm keeping these ones though.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am also in a dilemma, in the serie we are entering, we can have two sizes of tires that can fit us, one is a 225/45/17 (which we used so far) and the other one is a 245/40/17.

we are running 8" wheels, which would be better, 225 or 245? The serie uses street tires, they are BF Goodrich G Force sport comp2. Are the 245 going to be too wide?

We also have a set of 17x8 and 17x9, should i put two 245 on the 9" and put them in the back or in the front? Would we gain something from having a staggered setup?

I have no experience in fwd and would rather not buy a set of tire if it is not going to be optimal.

thanks
You'll be fine just get 245/40/17s and if your really want to go crazy get 235 rear for the 8s and 255 fronts. That seems to be the best way to set our cars up if you don't mind not being able to rotate the tires. And definitely 9 in the front unless your trying to go for looks only.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts