Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Nice!
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone with the shop that is tuning my car. They said that i was running extremely lean (13.5). The car was fine before. Since i last had it dynoed, i bumped up the boost to 9psi (was 7) and added a test pipe and 3in exhaust. I'm told that the problem seems to be fuel pressure, they're adding fuel, it's just not helping. I was told that i need a better fuel pressure regulator that is also boost dependant. I have an aem that i can put on there. Do you guys think this is the problem? Anyone experience this? I trust what the shop says, but could it possibly be something else???

·
Registered
464 Posts
TRICKY912 said:
I just got off the phone with the shop that is tuning my car. They said that i was running extremely lean (13.5). The car was fine before. Since i last had it dynoed, i bumped up the boost to 9psi (was 7) and added a test pipe and 3in exhaust. I'm told that the problem seems to be fuel pressure, they're adding fuel, it's just not helping. I was told that i need a better fuel pressure regulator that is also boost dependant. I have an aem that i can put on there. Do you guys think this is the problem? Anyone experience this? I trust what the shop says, but could it possibly be something else???

Your AEM fuel rail could be the problem. We have had quite a few customers who have had some fuel issues with it. I would go back to the stock rail and see if it helps.

·
Nice!
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeahi said:
i think he meant that he has an AEM that he can put on, he doesnt have it on yet. :dontknow:
yea, that's what i meant... i have an aem fuel pressure regulator. its not on the car. I think i'm going to go with a vortec fmu so that i can bump up the fuel pressure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.