Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm considering going back to the track this wknd to see if i can hit a 14.1x or lower. Last time there (about 6 weeks ago) I ran a 14.33 with aem cai, hondata #4, and yoko tires. I'm trying to get my springs and gasket installed by tomorrow.

I was wondering whether anyone has tried completely removing their exhaust at the dragstrip. I've heard of cars improving their 1/4 mile times by a few 1/10's of a second by doing so because of the freed up exhaust flow and weight reduction. I know you'd lose some low end torque, but as long as you get a good launch, the gains up top should more than make up for it. Especially with our high rev range (thanks to hondata) we could really take advantage of the extra high end power.

What do yall think? Any past experiences? I dont remember there being any sensors beyond the cat so it shouldnt throw a cel right?

·
Registered
515 Posts
no it wont throw a cel, and no it wond save a few 1/10ths on your time. If you're lucky you will see a .1 gain on your times. and .5 - 1 mph. I dunno bout the rsx but I save 34 lbs by dropping the stock exhaust. its how I always run lately.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts