Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a question... I run mid grade (89) does that hurt considerably the performance of my car.. b/c yesterday I went out and raced a stock 05 type S and I got beat! lol. I'm assuming it is b/c of the gas b/c that'll ruin my timing, and the power of the engine but I could be wrong. I didn't think gas could be that big of a difference performance wise.. but I guess all that carbon build up from bad mid grade gas must ruin it.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I mean.. I should be at least as fast as stock 05? lol. I lost by 1 and half cars.. and the driver in my car my brother.. was a much better driver then the other guy, the other guy even admitted that my brother was a better driver.... so something is definitely wrong with my car and I'm thinking it's the gas.

·
CNN's smart ass 'lil bro
3,006 Posts
You have like +10-15hp worth of mods and you run low(er) than 91 in your car....

that's stupid

·
Registered
261 Posts
Yea don't go cheap on gas now after you spent so much on a car that REQUIRES premium fuel. Plus premium is only an extra $2 to $3 every time you pump which is not much.

·
Registered
6 Posts
noooorb said:
Yea don't go cheap on gas now after you spent so much on a car that REQUIRES premium fuel. Plus premium is only an extra $2 to $3 every time you pump which is not much.
:iamwiths:

·
O h M
5,538 Posts
anthentheresERIC said:
let him learn. let him get engine knock. then he'll learn to read the manual.
yup, that's the only way they learn, why pay $24,000 for a nice car and not put the right gas that it requires, might as well put in cheap oil as well.........hahah no offense to you man, but just run the highest grade........better for your engine

·
O h M
5,538 Posts
blog98 said:
Nothing but Chevron or Shell 93 for my Type-S.
I stick with BP, 93 only never anything else. EVEN FOR MY BIKE hahaha don't ever go cheap, i believe that that's how i should run it, nothing less or higher b/c the engineer's designed it that way hahaha :thumbsup:

·
Registered
321 Posts
It's hard to say if there's really any difference between most brands, but 93 is definately the way to go on higher compression engines. The last thing you want is extended periods of knocking.

·
Registered
321 Posts
You must be from Cali. The silly grading their has made gas more expensive for all of us. :mad:

I'm not blaming you for it though. :)

1 - 20 of 70 Posts