Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
02 S, Had my 02 since new, oct 2001...Always take great care of my cars, so I was amazed when I started noticing bubbles...right rear quarter where the body meets the plastic bumper...popped the bubble...water, touched it up, and more bubbles are appearing, same area..tells me that water is getting between the paint and the body, coming from somewhere...quick fix wont alleviate this, as unless I find out where the water is coming from, it will simply keep on doing it....

What bums me is that I payed quite a bit of dough for the car, thinking as an Acura, it should be a bit less prone than your normal Civic, accord etc to the dreaded Honda rear quarter rust..then again, guy I know has a 99 Civic..perfect, not a speck of rust,
cousin has an 02 rsx base, nada rust, same w/another cousin has an 02 TL, no rust..
plus, I had a 91 Teg, traded it in w/329,550 miles on it...and it never had rust...

Im going to dig up the customer service # for Honda, give them a call...whats weird is that the 1st bubble appeared 3 months after the rust warrenty ran out..

Anyone else having problems such as this?

·
Registered
12 Posts
same here

exact same situation here. plus rust around the gas cap and right inner door. I bought the rust protection plan with the car so the repair was covered but still pissed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts