Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
A n t i - A n t i
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping this fits into this category:

I've been noticing a lot of rust buildup on the brake discs. Is anybody else having the same issue, and is this normal? I live in a coastal area, maybe that has something to do with it.

·
Banned
7,563 Posts
yeah i have this too is happens on my new s but not on the base... but mine only rust and its the rear ones when i wash my car cuz water gets on them

·
DNA all over bish!
10,639 Posts
My best tool to use for upholstery, carpets, engine bay, and wheels is my sharkpro steam cleaner. It works wonders. It uses the natural power of steam to blast brake dust off.

·
A n t i - A n t i
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"It uses the natural power of steam to blast brake dust off."

Hehe, sounds like a commercial, but thanks for the replies. I guess it is a pretty common thing then. Yes the rust is on the face of the brake :) thanks again.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
RSXSAV69 said:
yeah i have this too is happens on my new s but not on the base... but mine only rust and its the rear ones when i wash my car cuz water gets on them
It happens on my base! :(

·
Huh?
1,738 Posts
Here's whatcha do..

1. start car.
2. hit throttle up to say 30 mph.
3. hit brakes and hold and park your car
4. look at brake rotors.
5. see how shiny they are!

OR..

some other sort of problem which is making your rotors rust, maybe you live near salt lake city or something.. :dontknow:

:laughing: :laughing:

·
A n t i - A n t i
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NostraDEIMOS said:
can you warp your brake discs with them being wet?
I like your avatar... and I can't say that I have tried. I'll be sure to do that the next time I can get em wet. What would this mean if I could?

·
What are you made of...
22,074 Posts
NostraDEIMOS said:
can you warp your brake discs with them being wet?
I souldn't be

Having a rust is just natural unless its totaly rusted then there is a problem there... Mine sometimes have rust on them now even part of my rims infront.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts