Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another rust thread... Should have taken care of this last year or 2 years ago before it got this out of hand...
Canadian winters are fun.

Anyways, I talked to a guy at a body shop the other day and he pretty much summed it up & said it's not worth the money, it's better to drive it until I find a shell and just transfer everything over. I don't have that type of money, nor would I want to re-use this somewhat slow k20a3 motor. I already spent so much on this POS, I plan on keeping it and just doing a z1 swap or k24. Also getting the car tuned next week.

So I think my best bet is to do it myself, at least I can remove all the rust myself with some sandpaper etc etc. The Hardest part i think would be replacing the sheet metal above the side skirt (#2 pic)

What do you guys think?

I have to pick up a bunch of shtt from canadian tire. Sandpaper/bondo etc etc.

Driver Rear QTR Panel & above the side skirt
--

Fitment + rust is shit to look at. Passenger side quarter panel & side skirt rust
--

Roof

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Only way to actually fix it is cut and weld new metal. But, like the body shop guy said, expensive. Bondo will make it look better for maybe a year, two if you do a really good job. Sorry.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Turns out under the side skirt was pretty shitty. I ended up having someone do this for me, should be getting the car back tomorrow. (buddy has had to the car way tooo long, prbly working on other ppls cars)

Under the side skirt was rust out & had a big ass hole. The rear bumper/tail light bracket was rusted to shit & had to order new ones from Acura 😩

·
Registered
🖤 02 type-s 🖤
20 Posts
Omfg. You sound just like me. Went on site thinking I can find some parts to replace the shitty rusted ones on mines. Mines was garage kept and it was my baby... until I got a real baby lol. Then it went down hill from there. No more garage and mother nature took over. Chicago winters ain't fun too. I also spent alot on this POS and plan on keeping it as well. I'm gonna continue my search for shell parts. Good luck on your journey. (y)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Omfg. You sound just like me. Went on site thinking I can find some parts to replace the shitty rusted ones on mines. Mines was garage kept and it was my baby... until I got a real baby lol. Then it went down hill from there. No more garage and mother nature took over. Chicago winters ain't fun too. I also spent alot on this POS and plan on keeping it as well. I'm gonna continue my search for shell parts. Good luck on your journey. (y)
Yeah man, I hear a lotta ppl talking about that Chicago rust in some videos ahah, and I probably haven't dumped nearly as much money into mine as most have but yeah I plan on keeping my POS for as long as possible. I got the rust sorted out, I still gotta share those new photos

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you guys ever need that rear tail light bracket here the part number. Mine was rusted out to shit.. both sides. I should have coated the new ones in something to prevent them from rusting out again.

Some photos during and then afterward:

Looks pretty good doesn't it 👀😅
After seeing this my broke ass wanted to buy another rsx

Afterward:
car is dirty, I couldn't wash it for a little while

·
Registered
2006 Vivid Blue Pearl RSX Type-S/1995 Delsol VTEC
11 Posts
Looks good, what did your friend do to repair your rust holes?

·
Registered
🖤 02 type-s 🖤
20 Posts
If you guys ever need that rear tail light bracket here the part number. Mine was rusted out to shit.. both sides. I should have coated the new ones in something to prevent them from rusting out again.

View attachment 568144 View attachment 568145

View attachment 568146 View attachment 568149

Afterward:
View attachment 568147 View attachment 568148

View attachment 568144 View attachment 568145

View attachment 568146 View attachment 568149

Afterward:
View attachment 568147 View attachment 568148
I need the whole damn shell of the car. Every crack and corner is rusted up. My undercarriage started crumbling while it was up on the Jacks. Sad. My broke ass is gonna be more broke fixing this POS up :LOL:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts