Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Winnie the Pooh
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys so I have rust spot developing on my RSX. I really do not want to use bondo and just cover it. I'm planning to bring it to a shop and have it a new sheet of metal put in. So winter is coming up for Connecticut. I don't have the money for the fix yet. Is it possible to use clear coat just to prevent this rust from spreading until I have enough to replace it? I only need it to protect it until February.

·
CRSX Seen better days
22,287 Posts
Hey, guys so I have rust spot developing on my RSX. I really do not want to use bondo and just cover it. I'm planning to bring it to a shop and have it a new sheet of metal put in. So winter is coming up for Connecticut. I don't have the money for the fix yet. Is it possible to use clear coat just to prevent this rust from spreading until I have enough to replace it? I only need it to protect it until February.
Sometimes rust spots start from behind the metal so you gotta watch out for that. If you want something to protect the paint for the winter you can use plastidip but that might not look pretty because you would have a black area of paint. Plastidip can just peel right off when you want to anyways.

My dads truck has some rust on the wheels and I plastidipped them and it looks like its holding up well but like I said, some rust starts from behind the panel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts