Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for advice. can the 02 acura rsx type s be saved? Looks rough gonna get a better look in the morning here are a few pictures of what I'm dealing with.. driverside rear control Mounts still there on both sides it's infront of the mounts that's gone.. Floor pan gone from driver side to passenger side/rocker.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looking for advice. can the 02 acura rsx type s be saved? Looks rough gonna get a better look in the morning here are a few pictures of what I'm dealing with.. driverside rear control Mounts still there on both sides it's infront of the mounts that's gone.. Floor pan gone from driver side to passenger side/rocker. View attachment 569489

·
Registered
348 Posts
It is possible, but given that you’re asking, I’d say probably not worth it. You’d have to remove all those hard lines, carpet, seats, etc and cut out all the rust then weld in a donor cars floor pan or get sheet metal to fit. I did this to mine, but mine was nowhere near as bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
348 Posts
That’s about all i have. It’s not the best patch job, but it’s not the worst either. Butt welds are ideal. I didn’t get butt welds unfortunately. I recommend lathering everything in Por-15 to keep the rust from coming back.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks man helps alot! Could you get any pictures from underneath? Really hoping to save this car. Was yours bad by the gastank too? Straight across driver side to passenger side?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Definitely in deeper than thought.. let's hope she comes back together..
All depends on your resources. How long you can afford to have the car down, a place to strip it, tools, materials, and knowledge. The last thing you want to do, is sacrifice structural rigidity after repairs are complete. It’s a tricky process that’s why I’d personally never want to deal with it again unless I had a full blown shop at my disposal and finding a shell Is too expensive or difficult.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mine wasn’t that bad no. This is all i have in my phone.

Thanks
All depends on your resources. How long you can afford to have the car down, a place to strip it, tools, materials, and knowledge. The last thing you want to do, is sacrifice structural rigidity after repairs are complete. It’s a tricky process that’s why I’d personally never want to deal with it again unless I had a full blown shop at my disposal and finding a shell Is too expensive or difficult.

Thanks started stripping it gonna Leave in garage and hopefully have done by summer. I will Definitely leave pictures and updates. Thanks again any info/advice is very much appreciated.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Oh man that’s pretty bad. That’s going to be a lot of work. I hope you don’t plan to ever sell it if you go through with it. I’d probably just swap everything over to a different shell tbh.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts