Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont know if this should go in the 1/4 times section but for you S/C guys here it is...RSX-S at the track lastnight ran a best of 15.5 @ 91.5 w/ Greddy catback,AEM intake, and Jackson Racing Supercharger :dontknow: Just thought that it was weird he was running slower times than a stock RSX-S. His driving was fine too. There must have been something completely wrong with his car. Just wondering if you guys know what could have been wrong?

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
is he running on stock tires? Which kit does he have? I ran a 14.3 on stock tires because I was spinning through 1st, 2nd, and a little bit on 3rd. Because I got nervous at the track so I floored it on every gears lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is he running on stock tires?
From what it looked like he was. He had stock everything as far as suspension goes. Traction didn't seem too be too much of a problem though. His launch was good and so was all the way to 3rd gear. It looked like his car just kinda slowed down by fourth. BTW, not sure if it was the race or the street kit. He said he thought it should be hitting the best of 14.0 flat. and he said he was trying. I was just befuddled!

Either he is not under full throttle or his setup is jacked up. I run high 13's and best so far of 13.57. Either he is sleeping on the line or he thinks it's a pleasure cruise down the track.
haha, yeah i told him i thought that there was someting wrong with his setup. He said someone told him to get an ECU upgrade. He is selling his car for school purposes he said. I don't know if he knew too much about the car to tell you the truth.

·
twoplustwo
687 Posts
I got my JRSC installed on Thurs. and Yesterday I ran the car at NEW ENGLAND DRAGWAY....

I had 3 14 flats and 1 13.9 with a trap of 103. I think that is pretty respectable seeing I've only had the S/C for 2 days.

I did have major traction issues...spun through 1st and second but

I still cut a 2.3 60 ft. I gotta admitt I was nervous and was granny shifting. I would shift around 8300-8400, just something about going all the way to 8600+ kinda scared me :laughing: :nervous:

Next time at the track I'm positive I can get to 13.5 -13.7 times....

As for the RSX running a 15+ 1/4 something is seriously wrong with that set-up... I'm here to tell you (along with the others the very least you should be in the low 14's

·
Registered
39 Posts
He probably had a sprite bottle stuck under he's gas pedal.

15.5 with JRSC in RSXS is almost impossible to do unless you are shifting below 3k.

or maybe something was wrong with he's setup. you sure he didn't just have JRSC sticker?

·
Registered
39 Posts
CiscoPowered said:
Or maybe it was a Miller Lite can! :thumbsup:
I don't know man. these days corona is popular. :D

I thought about it again, maybe temperature there was over 200 degrees.

anyone checked north america's record high on that day?

·
Murderator
3,949 Posts
Tuner.Vision. said:
I don't know man. these days corona is popular. :D

I thought about it again, maybe temperature there was over 200 degrees.

anyone checked north america's record high on that day?

:laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
873 Posts
RSXguy200 said:
Dont know if this should go in the 1/4 times section but for you S/C guys here it is...RSX-S at the track lastnight ran a best of 15.5 @ 91.5 w/ Greddy catback,AEM intake, and Jackson Racing Supercharger :dontknow: Just thought that it was weird he was running slower times than a stock RSX-S. His driving was fine too. There must have been something completely wrong with his car. Just wondering if you guys know what could have been wrong?

which track r u talking about ? South Florida ? Moroso Motorsport Park ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
thats funny im running JRSC 7psi and I had A really bad problem with traction but my times were still in the mid to high 13's. I put 18" wheels on and I it feels like it's grabing a lot better. I think buddy just needs to make A few more passes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This was at the Gainesville Raceway in Gaineville,FL. He popped the hood for us and yes it was a JRSC on it. I talked about pulleys and the K-Pro and such. He just had this blatant look on his face the whole time. He was clueless almost. He did say he was expecting to hit 14 flat. His best was a 15.5 thought. I was dissapointed. I dont know.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
He just need more practiced, launching a JRSC @ 7psi isn't easy. If he has stock tires then it's a lot harder to launch on his car than on a stock RSX S. I've been trying to get into the 13s with the stock tires so I know how hard it is to launch. I'm sure the rest of us JRSC guys feel the same way regardless of what kind of tires we have on. Don't talk about feathering the clutch because it's so much harder to perform on JRSC car than normal. The moment you step on the gas, your tires start to spin. I think the guy was probably got nervous and dump the clutch and sit there spinning through gears.

·
Banned
721 Posts
That trap speed still sucks.. It should be higher even if he is launching shitty.. I think he needs more practice shifting too..

·
5,022 Posts
Even with a gutted interior, Comptech RH and semi-tuned K-Pro. I ran the exact same times as the last time. My MPH averaged about 109MPH. 5MPH faster than last time. It's all about the tires. No matter how I launched, 5000RPM dumps to 2500RPM feathered. The car could not grip. If this guy has no clue what he has in the car then he has no idea what the potential is. I know the potential is in my car to run low 12's maybe high 11's. But it is all in the tires. I wanted to get 13.2's this time at the track but it was a little too hot. Hot weather + [email protected] = not good runs.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.