Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering how an s2000 start button works? do u press start n then the engine starts witout the key and then stick the key in afterwards? :dontknow:

·
Registered
867 Posts
put the key to the on position then press the button.

the start button is purely aesthetic...having to turn the key and press the button just makes the whole process of starting your car longer.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks...yea i was thinking about the s2000 start button or those remote engine start alarms..im still thinking if i should get either one

·
Registered
867 Posts
i thought about the start button just cuz it looked nice...then i thought about the functionality of it and realized it was pointless.

get a remote start alarm :thumbsup:

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
I love my S2000 push start. Granted, it takes a little while to get used to having it there, but after a couple of times driving, it becomes second nature. Starting my car without it now wouldn't feel right.

·
Rage With the Machines
1,280 Posts
nah bro...its to make sure that the 100 shot of NOS wont blow the welds on the intake and prevent the floor board from flying off while racing...
ask any real racer....
j/k .....i like the setup...killer face plate $$$$ .....
but whats with the cherry red on a blue car? .....mind if we see more....

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
Just b/c the exterior is blue doesn't mean the interior has to be the same...I wanted some contrast. I was going for a red/black theme, but it didn't turn out quite like I wanted, so I'm probably going to either go back to stock or maybe try a gunmetal color. I am going to end up ordering another faceplate b/c the top has sunk into the dash about a 1/4", but that will be a summertime project. I don't have any pics of the rest of the interior, but I'll start a new thread once I get everything like I want in a few months.

The only switch that currently works is the red one closest to the push start...it controls the red neons underneath the seats. The other two I am going to wire up to my other gauges so I can toggle them on/off seperately from my interior lights.

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
simsim said:
called it!

yeah, so the others are just there?
For now they are just there to hold the black aluminum panel into place, but they will be wired to my gauges sometime this coming summer (once I get a nice weather weekend and some free time).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts