Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
K24 revhard
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well boys the day has finally come. I had to let my rsx-s go. It was one of the best cars I've ever owned. Never broke down , 100% reliable. I had 5 cars and had to let her go. I recently added a 2009 si , and a few days ago I just picked up a 99 eclipse gst spyder. I'll share both cars on here. The si I did some work and got it tuned. The gst is bone stock but have some minor plans for it.

·
Registered
840 Posts
:inout:

exchange an RSX for an Eclipse???!!!

·
K24 revhard
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
:inout:

exchange an RSX for an Eclipse???!!!
Who said anything about exchanging lol. My rsx had 167k miles , it had some rust and the clear coat was completely gone. The eclipse was rust free , has 31k miles and it's a gst which is a sought after car and was completely stock.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Not very often an Acura is let go to make room for a Mitsubishi. IN fact it may be the first time I've ever heard of such a thing. But, to each his own and I'd say the reasons stated are pretty sound.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Not very often an Acura is let go to make room for a Mitsubishi. IN fact it may be the first time I've ever heard of such a thing. But, to each his own and I'd say the reasons stated are pretty sound.

You gotta specify which mitsubishi, I would let my acura go for an EVO any day. Probably not an eclipse convertible though lol

I will say that I do like the 2g eclipses/talons, and this one definitely looks clean. Im just not a fan of the convertibles.

·
I Hate Honda's
1,119 Posts
LOL obviously most of you have no idea that an Eclipse GST is significantly faster and more capable over an RSX.

I had a 1997 Eclipse GSX. Great car, but have fun with all the maintenance. That car would take any money you had to keep it on the road.

PS: an Eclipse GSX is essentially a 2 door evo with the turbo AWD 4g63t...

·
K24 revhard
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

My rsx was strictly a daily . Most of you guys have it as your fun summer with mods and style etc etc. The reality is, it was time to move on from the rsx I had it since 2010. I bought a 2009 si which I have that was to replace the rsx. Its Bolton tuned making 211 whp. Buying the gst just moved everything along quicker caus I just cant have 5 cars. Turbo eclipse was my dream car growing up. Giving up the rsx was painful trust me.
The si I added hfp wheels , a 2.5 in vibrant exhaust (came with a 3in full race), the jdm H's, new floor mats, and a pioneer deck.
Car was e tuned previously.At my tuners the base run was 195. He was able to make 211 whp.

·
K24 revhard
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL obviously most of you have no idea that an Eclipse GST is significantly faster and more capable over an RSX.

I had a 1997 Eclipse GSX. Great car, but have fun with all the maintenance. That car would take any money you had to keep it on the road.

PS: an Eclipse GSX is essentially a 2 door evo with the turbo AWD 4g63t...
The eclipse has an evo 3 motor in it. I'm not worried about maintainace. I'm doing it all shortly. New plugs, wires, timing belt, thermostat, coolant flush, water pump , brake fluid. I bought an exhaust and an intake. Its staying stock. I have an evo 8 and sti modded. Theres no reason for me to mod this car like those. I'm gona lower it and paint my evo wheels a darker gray / silver color and slap them on the gst

·
Always on TDY...
2,149 Posts
Well boys the day has finally come. I had to let my rsx-s go. It was one of the best cars I've ever owned. Never broke down , 100% reliable. I had 5 cars and had to let her go. I recently added a 2009 si , and a few days ago I just picked up a 99 eclipse gst spyder. I'll share both cars on here. The si I did some work and got it tuned. The gst is bone stock but have some minor plans for it.

This shit is clean! Awesome find Sir. GS-T is a very rare find especially with the low mileage.

Hopefully the RSX found a good home!

·
Registered
264 Posts
My rsx was strictly a daily . Most of you guys have it as your fun summer with mods and style etc etc. The reality is, it was time to move on from the rsx I had it since 2010. I bought a 2009 si which I have that was to replace the rsx. Its Bolton tuned making 211 whp. Buying the gst just moved everything along quicker caus I just cant have 5 cars. Turbo eclipse was my dream car growing up. Giving up the rsx was painful trust me.
The si I added hfp wheels , a 2.5 in vibrant exhaust (came with a 3in full race), the jdm H's, new floor mats, and a pioneer deck.
Car was e tuned previously.At my tuners the base run was 195. He was able to make 211 whp.

I think you made the right decision if it's your daily driver.

·
Registered
264 Posts
You gotta specify which mitsubishi, I would let my acura go for an EVO any day. Probably not an eclipse convertible though lol

I will say that I do like the 2g eclipses/talons, and this one definitely looks clean. Im just not a fan of the convertibles.
I agree with you on an EVO. Those can be bad ass!

·
DC5 Gang***ger
19,030 Posts
At least you got the good looking one :thumbsup: a lot of people arent fans of eclipse, im not either unless its that model you got.

Wish it was a hardtop tho, but they are powerful. They are highly underrated and seen as ricer cars for some reason lol

·
Leftie Lucy
29 Posts
Nice Mits...

That car is clean and should run like a raped ape with the EVO motor, as the Spyders are fairly light.
Best of luck with it. A close friend (years back) owned a 3000GT VR4 that was an animal. It incorporated an air bleed on the wastegate which would allow about 20 psi boost. He upped the injectors and switched out the fuel pump. The car was fast. It was a little weird... but very fast.

Out with old, in with the new. I've owned 3 RSXs, 2 Type S cars (2004 and a 2006) and still own a 2002 Base. They're good cars... considering they are "Acura-ized" Civics. They also have their issues. But after 160,000 miles... it's time for a change.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah man, I'm still getting used to the Evo. Hitting boost just puts a smile on my face. It's a different feeling than hitting Vtec. I've had my 06 type-s for 2yrs.I purchased it with only 49k miles. The Type-S (build thread coming soon) & Evo IX are both weekend/fun cars. I have a 06 V6 Accord Sedan that's about to hit 180k as my daily/kid hauler.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm trying to get to your level though. Evo, sti, gst. Man, you got options for when it's time to cruise with boost, haha.The SI is nice & aswell. Its a great replacement for the RSX. My next cars on my list is a GSX or S2000.

·
K24 revhard
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm trying to get to your level though. Evo, sti, gst. Man, you got options for when it's time to cruise with boost, haha.The SI is nice & aswell. Its a great replacement for the RSX. My next cars on my list is a GSX or S2000.
Nice man I had a s2000 once. I didnt like it. I'm on s2ki alot though in the car talk section. I saw your evo. Mine had 16k miles when I bought it. What's your next plans ?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts