Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm trying to get to your level though. Evo, sti, gst. Man, you got options for when it's time to cruise with boost, haha.The SI is nice & aswell. Its a great replacement for the RSX. My next cars on my list is a GSX or S2000.
Nice man I had a s2000 once. I didnt like it. I'm on s2ki alot though in the car talk section. I saw
your evo. Mine had 16k miles when I bought it.
What's your next plans ?
My plan is to focus on the Type-S & keep the Evo IX stock for a bit. Just refresh/replace worn out parts on it. JDM bumper will probably be the 1st thing I do to the Evo though still sorting out my future plans for it. As for the RSX I have been purchasing quality JDM parts since I purchased it. I will be starting a build thread soon when I start installing parts. Parts list so far. Mugen Air Box, Mugen front tower bar, J's Racing Race Header, Kpro V4, DC5 Brembos, front & rear plus some other goodies. The Type-S is originally from Pittsburgh. It has some surface rusting on the undercarriage & suspension components. I'm finally getting the under carriage rusting treated & taken care of next week & after that I will be taking apart the suspension & get those parts refurbished/replaced myself.

·
K24 revhard
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
My plan is to focus on the Type-S & keep the Evo IX stock for a bit. Just refresh/replace worn out parts on it. JDM bumper will probably be the 1st thing I do to the Evo though still sorting out my future plans for it. As for the RSX I have been purchasing quality JDM parts since I purchased it. I will be starting a build thread soon when I start installing parts. Parts list so far. Mugen Air Box, Mugen front tower bar, J's Racing Race Header, Kpro V4, DC5 Brembos, front & rear plus some other goodies. The Type-S is originally from Pittsburgh. It has some surface rusting on the undercarriage & suspension components. I'm finally getting the under carriage rusting treated & taken care of next week & after that I will be taking apart the suspension & get those parts refurbished/replaced myself.
Nice man. I bought my evo in Pittsburgh. Me and my buddy took a road trip there. 8 hour drive. I remember when I built my ep3. I dont go crazy anymore like I used to. But it was fun accumulating parts. Honestly the "hunt " for that rare jdm part was alot of fun. Checking the want ads or Ebay or craiglist for that specific part you want. I converted my ep3 to a type r replica/k24 boost. So much fun and miss that car to death.

·
K24 revhard
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Nice man! What happened to your ep3!? You sold it?
Yep. I got it retuned by a company who was known for tuning hondas. 2 months later I melted a peice of the piston. Shouldve never retuned it. Car still ran great for yrs, but it was knocking louder and louder. Sold it to my mechanic who drove it for awhile. He sold it to someone in California who ran 91 octane on it. Blew it up.

·
K24 revhard
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Awww bro that's just sad! God willing I hope to be able to keep all my cars part of my "collection".
Haha, it is what it is. It sucks caus that thing was so fast. When I used to park into meets I could hear people talking to eachother saying how fast it was and I never knew anyone. So it was kinda cool being known to people in that manner. My car had a reputation lol.

·
K24 revhard
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
At least you got the good looking one :thumbsup: a lot of people arent fans of eclipse, im not either unless its that model you got.

Wish it was a hardtop tho, but they are powerful. They are highly underrated and seen as ricer cars for some reason lol
I wish it was a hardtop too. I've already spent more money on parts than what the car is priced for :randy:

·
K24 revhard
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Picked up a bunch of parts for the gst. So far the list includes: hks exhaust , hks ssq bov, k&n intake, seibon cf hood, tien suspension, ets front mount intercooler. Gave the interior and engine bay a clean. Waiting till I get this car up and running till I do a full wash on it.

·
K24 revhard
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
It's been quite awhile and alot of setbacks had happened with the car. But I'm glad to report I believe most of the issues have been resolved.

The biggest issue has been I bought a shit ecu from someone off the Dsm forums. We get the car all buttoned up. We follow all of ECM's tutorial to convert the car to speed density. Go to fire up the car and it runs like absolute garbage. Tried a bunch of diag resolutions found on the forums. Nothing worked. The car just ran like dog shit, spitting amounts of fuel. So we are thinking maybe just needs to be tuned. So my buddy trailers my car because it's literally undriveable, to my tuner who is 2 hrs away. We get there and my tuner tells us something is awfully wrong. No matter what he does the car runs awful. He just so happened to have another tunable ecu for my car at his shop
Talk about dumb luck! So we plug in his ecu and my car runs WAY better. It's not perfect but we are making progress. My tuner checks the timing with my mechanic and they discover it's off by a tooth. So my shop screwed up the timing and this kid off the forums sold me a shit ass ecu.

Trailer the car all the way back. Now I'm out 380 for my tuner and gas/tolls for my buddy for tow. I find someone on Ebay who sells the same tunable ecu's. Do I risk it and buy an Ebay ecu? Hmmmm. I message him and we gets a talking and he told me how he works close to ecm and is a professional tuner. He also said he would do a start up map for me via party viewer. So I rolled the dice again and purchased from this guy. And I'm glad to say he lived up to his end of the deal. Got his ecu and we plugged it in and the car started right up. I started a paypal dispute for the other ecu which I got my money back after 2 months.. On thing good about paypal giving 180 days to dispute . There were a couple other snags in the road but nothing worth mentioning. My retune is this Tuesday .

·
K24 revhard
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

·
K24 revhard
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Well guys alot has happened and I have been able to update so this could end up being a long post with pics included. So ran into a bunch of small issues when I got the car back. It was over heating badly on the highway. So I ordered a big mishimoto x-series radiator along with some mishi slim fans. We also could the front bumper a little to allow better air flow to the radiator . I dumped the duel gauge pod for a triple and added an aem temp gauge

So after the heating issue was resolved I finally got the car tuned. And I was so disappointed in the numbers. The car only made 211 whp but 258 ft tq on the small turbo.

·
K24 revhard
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
So continuing on with the story. Now I noticed the valve over is cracked. So I got a new cover powdercoated and added a carbon fiber spark plug cover

I then did some cleaning of the car caus there were nooks and crannies that were filled with crap and I added these custom floormats from brazil

So even though this car is a terd it's still fun to drive and I get compliments everywhere I go. Me and the Gf took it to watch hill earlier in the summer and had a blast.

·
K24 revhard
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
As of right now. The car is back at my mechanics. I bought a smaller upgraded turbo. It's a direct Bolton t28, a custom 3in exhaust , deatschwerks 550cc injectors , and an FP exhaust manifold and heatshield. Everything is bolted in and rdy for retune. Goal is to be 250whp+. I'll be dropping it off next week at the body shop for a full repaint. Im gona get it painted BMW Alpine White.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts