Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's a decent brand? Looking for something available locally...Walmart, AutoZone, K-Mart, Pep Boys, whatever.

thx

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
In a hurry?

WD40 actually works too.....

just be sure to wash up right after using it . . .

G

·
Clay Bar

If you don't properly clean things such as tar and other contaminates from the vehicle before you clay, all you are doing is contaminating your clay bar. I use the CM2200 Clay Magic bars and replacing one prematurely is not cost effective. Remember, clay bars were designed to remove rail dust, overspray and IFO. Use a tar remover for its purpose and clay bar for its and everybody saves money!!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Goodspeed has a point -

you do want to get rid of as much "crap" as possible before using your claybar. They are pricey - and depending on the level of paint protection you have, the kind of bugs, how long they have baked onto the finish - different products will work differently.
The same is true for road tar etc - but in a pinch, the clay bar will take care of things - and sometimes price aint the point.

I have enough Zaino on mine - that a decent "spot wash" followed by a quick claybar appl on the fron cleans it up after any bug infested trip.

In fact , I have to do that soon. got lazy lately :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts