Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about buying the jrsc race kit and running about 8psi. But then i have second thoughts because my kilometers are getting pretty high up there..going to 180 000km's.
What do you guys think?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont know how my compression is but seems to be going fine still. Well everytime i drive my car i redline it alot.

·
0 Posts
Well, the blower will accelerate wear at many different levels.

What you will probably find is that if you do the blower, the motor will make less net power than, say a fresher one, and also the extra power will tend to find the things that were marginal and then hasten their demise. Things like motor mounts, clutch, compression and leakdown, etc.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright thanks for the info. Im guessing doing a rebuild for the first step would be the better way to go. Then sc

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright. so im pretty sure im going to get the jackson racing race kit with the kpro. crazy price though 3995$....:eek:

·
0 Posts
Buy a used one.

No sense in paying top dollar for a new charger when you're going to put it on a high-mileage vehicle.

·
Registered
16,470 Posts
I agree with everything erik says.

Although I would personally slap on the blower. See what happens. These motors are strong but it will find the weakest link if any with more power and heat.

Just be prepared for anything to come your way down the road.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i dont want to buy a used blower.. im never buying nothing used again lol bad experience.
well i will just try to take it easy with my car now and not to much beating so it will last.

·
0 Posts
I don't see the point in spending $5K+ (which is what it will cost, by the time you add in all the attendant mods that are needed with the charger...) on a car that might be worth $8K, but that is just me.

Good luck to you in any case.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ya thats true but not really worth 8k from where i am...lol could easily 12k but anyways.
if i spend 2000$ for blower and kpro would you find that reasonable?

·
0 Posts
Your wallet, brother.

One thing I have learned during all my time on CRSX is that decisions rarely follow logic.

Myself included.

·
I make dyslexia sexy
293 Posts
ya thats true but not really worth 8k from where i am...lol could easily 12k but anyways.
if i spend 2000$ for blower and kpro would you find that reasonable?
yo i've seen 02 s's go for 7500.. $12k rsx days are over. but if theyre going for 12 in quebec, i'll take my car out there to sell it.

good luck with SC, If i didnt have millions of kms id probably do mine.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yo i've seen 02 s's go for 7500.. $12k rsx days are over. but if theyre going for 12 in quebec, i'll take my car out there to sell it.

good luck with SC, If i didnt have millions of kms id probably do mine.
yes exactly thats a 2002.. all the 02's are cheap as hell over here also.. 2003 white type s are pretty expensive over here.. i got mine for 12k and that was the cheapest one i could find

·
Bentorii
437 Posts
i bought a used blower .... its all about finding the right buy.... Look at what the person did to the car and how the itrader works. Nobody wants to get burned on club rsx.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts