Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
GO BLUE!!!
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my car was nicely waxed before winter, it never really rained since then so the wax should still be there... Is it protecting the paint from the salt stuff or should i have it washed at the car dealer when i drop it off friday and risk them messing it up and wax getting washed off(can't wash it myself no place to do it and its too cold here).

What are your opinions?

·
03 PWP Type-S
1,118 Posts
Do don't have any DIY car wash bays, or drive through touchless car washes where you live? If you do, I would use one of these choices.

·
Registered
24,670 Posts
or see if you can go in and get a courtesy wash but stay w/ the car instead of chillin in the lounge room.

·
Registered
311 Posts
definitely go thru a touchless wash, not the ones at the gas stations, but the nicer separate ones (a little more $ tho). You don't want all that crap sitting on your paint. I was kinda like you, until I noticed the black tile floor at my work after a big snow day once. You can see everybody's white footprints from all the salt on the road. It's gross, and I pictured that's all under my car & on the paint!!

·
GO BLUE!!!
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how do i know what a good wash place is?? Its too cold up here to hand wash it, its like 30 degrees and will be like that for the next 2 months...

·
Registered
214 Posts
I live on the coast and I can tell you..wash the salt of immediately!

thats part of the lifestyle down here to spray your car down every few days or so...and I mean everywhere even the underside.

having salt sit on your car is bad regardless of having wax. just pressure wash it off

·
Registered
6 Posts
sawwbuzz said:
I live on the coast and I can tell you..wash the salt of immediately!

thats part of the lifestyle down here to spray your car down every few days or so...and I mean everywhere even the underside.

having salt sit on your car is bad regardless of having wax. just pressure wash it off
:iamwiths:

Coast Resident Arctic Blue 03 RSX-S

·
Registered
336 Posts
i washed and detailed my car last saturday. It was 32 degrees outside but felt like 23 with the wind chill factor. Thats the warmest its been until the last few days. Just wash it yourself. The dealer fucked up my paint job last time i serviced it and they washed it even though i asked them not to. They scratched the car up basically all over, probably from using cheap towels, and towels that were used on cars before mine. Bastards. My recommendation, put on some tall rubber boots, rubber gloves, and do it yourself.

·
RSXDriver thrice removed
9,990 Posts
geldrop said:
how do i know what a good wash place is?? Its too cold up here to hand wash it, its like 30 degrees and will be like that for the next 2 months...

It's a heat wave. I'm bucket washing mine today with a high of 33. A lot better than the single digit and negative temps we've seen for the past couple months.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts