Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
GO BLUE!!!
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does salt sitting on your car actually do anything, yeah it looks like crap but there isn't much i can do about it being it never gets above 5 degrees... Will it look nice and new after i wash it in the summer and give it a good waxing?

·
Registered
701 Posts
I knew it was Geldrop asking without even having to look ... sometimes I don't think you are even serious with some of the questions you ask.

Yes, it's going to mess your paint up very badly if you leave it sitting there.

-nurb2-

·
yawn..
22,903 Posts
The new paint on cars these days arn't as bad as the older cars with salt.

Your major concern should be your under body not your paint when it comes to salt

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
If it wasnt -20 C outside i'd bring my car to a touchless. But its just gonna get dirty again tomorrow. I'll wait for a sunnier day

·
03 PWP Type-S
1,118 Posts
I would wash your car once a week if there's salt on the roads. Salt is one of the worst compounds to a car, like someone said it causes rust. If your car is not undercoated by protectant you should still take care of it.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
there not really much you can do....i know what you mean...even if you squirt it off when you take it out the next day it will be covered again......

·
Remember
1,929 Posts
My parents have a 92 Saturn that never gets washed and the paint is as good as new, unless Acura paint is not as good as Saturns :p

·
yawn..
22,903 Posts
if your car is silver/white youwon't really have many problems with fading and stuff likethat..

It's only people with black/blue/red that have fading problems. Look at the older integras [DC2's] 94-01 especially the red ones, they have more pink than anything. But that's from LONG term wear and tear.

·
Beantown is comin Cali
1,939 Posts
building up wax on your car will help. i put 2 coats of zaino on my car every month from around april-may to oct or so. im not worried about the salt messing up my paint. just gotta hose down the under carraige

·
CRSX Father of Two
4,874 Posts
If your paint is absolutely perfect, with no chips or dings, the salt will not harm it. The problem comes when the salt reacts with the bare metal exposed from chips. That bare metal then starts rusting and bubbling up the paint around it. My advise is to wash it as soon as is reasonable, but spraying it off only to drive in the muck again is pointless.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
speaking of that, i got a chip in my fender, and it's strating to rust. it's a really tiny spot, but what do i do now? i've heard sand it and paint it, btu that looks bad, what do u guys suggest?

it's like a half centimeter diameter at the most, it's pretty small, but i don't want it to spread.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The dealership should have a guy that comes around and does touch ups on all the cars in the lot if they get scratched or chips. I I ran over a peice of truck tire and got like 5 chips by my wheel well and they fixed it for 75 bucks and it looks good as new.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts